Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which monster do you think is the most dangerous and scariest in the Frictional Games universe?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Grey Rock Worms from Penumbra
8.28%
13 8.28%
The Infected from Penumbra
17.83%
28 17.83%
The Dogs from Penumbra
7.01%
11 7.01%
The spiders from Penumbra
1.91%
3 1.91%
The Brutes from Amneisa
35.03%
55 35.03%
The Grunts from Amnesia
13.38%
21 13.38%
The Water Horror from Amnesia
16.56%
26 16.56%
Total 157 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?

You forgot the suitors?
01-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?

(01-05-2012, 08:37 PM)Googolplex Wrote: You forgot the suitors?
I heard of them... they are from Amnesia: Justine. I haven't played that game and forgot about them. I actually read about the game though. It didn't seem to be as scary sounding as Amnesia: The Dark Decent (and Justine herself doesn't sound very nice).
01-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(01-05-2012, 09:14 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: I heard of them... they are from Amnesia: Justine. I haven't played that game and forgot about them. I actually read about the game though. It didn't seem to be as scary sounding as Amnesia: The Dark Decent (and Justine herself doesn't sound very nice).

Oh oh, Justine is 20% more horror than the main game.

It isn't filled with much content, but it is scary as hell.
Shut down the lights, tune up your boxes and enjoy Justine!
But you can't save. When you died, then the game is over.

01-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(01-06-2012, 04:37 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 09:14 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: I heard of them... they are from Amnesia: Justine. I haven't played that game and forgot about them. I actually read about the game though. It didn't seem to be as scary sounding as Amnesia: The Dark Decent (and Justine herself doesn't sound very nice).

Oh oh, Justine is 20% more horror than the main game.

It isn't filled with much content, but it is scary as hell.
Shut down the lights, tune up your boxes and enjoy Justine!
But you can't save. When you died, then the game is over.
The little I tried of it I too noticed that you can't save. Being able to save (even if you can only save in this one spot) would really help. Still, Justine is the first playable female character in the Frictional Games universe. There is the potential of having a custom story as a female rather than a male.

01-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Find
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0

The lack of save option wouldn't work in longer games, but since Justine is so short, it's actually quite functional. Some people tend to play recklessly when they know they're not punished in any way when dying. They know they'll spawn nearby and can try as many times as they want.

I like to watch let's plays and Amnesia reaction videos and it's become very rare to see someone who's playing "seriously": trying to be invisible and avoid contact with monsters at any cost. It's very common to see people throwing stuff at gatherers for seeing how long they can knock them back, jumping around if they happen to get stuck somehow, barricading them into a corner etc. ...I know, some people do it on purpose because they think it's funnier but still.

In Justine you really f**king die. It's so close to true life and death situation as you can get in a game. So you better not start goofying around like you probably do with endless lifes. Tongue

~
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2012, 09:56 PM by Carrna.)
01-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Justine is too hard for me. I never played the game to the end.
I'm familiar with the controls perfectly, but when the monsters come, I can't find a way to escape.
They're always coming to me and they are little faster than Justine. So they catched me always and then I lost fun to play again. I watched letsplays how it ended.
I would prefer when there would be two save points in the game.
Otherwise the game is frustrating.
01-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(01-07-2012, 12:02 AM)Googolplex Wrote: Justine is too hard for me. I never played the game to the end.
I'm familiar with the controls perfectly, but when the monsters come, I can't find a way to escape.
They're always coming to me and they are little faster than Justine. So they catched me always and then I lost fun to play again. I watched letsplays how it ended.
I would prefer when there would be two save points in the game.
Otherwise the game is frustrating.
Now I never played Justine, but in case of faster monsters, all I can say is to move into a room and close the door. Then you have a few moments to hide or run some more. That or put yourself in between heavy boxes.

01-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

Nothing worse than brutes, escape is nearly impossible in most situations.

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
01-07-2012, 02:26 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(01-07-2012, 02:26 AM)BlueFury Wrote: Nothing worse than brutes, escape is nearly impossible in most situations.
At least they make a metallic sound when walking to give you warning of its arrival, if he didn't have this then he'd be more terrifying!
01-07-2012, 03:35 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(01-05-2012, 04:31 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 04:04 AM)Statyk Wrote: I picked "dogs" but where is the vote for the Hunter?? Sure, it was ditched, but my god, that thing scared the crap out of me... I feel like bringing it to life.
what or who is "Hunter"?
This a mod for Black Plague where they put the Hunter in place of the Infected:

01-07-2012, 07:53 AM
Find