Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which monster do you think is the most dangerous and scariest in the Frictional Games universe?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Grey Rock Worms from Penumbra
8.28%
13 8.28%
The Infected from Penumbra
17.83%
28 17.83%
The Dogs from Penumbra
7.01%
11 7.01%
The spiders from Penumbra
1.91%
3 1.91%
The Brutes from Amneisa
35.03%
55 35.03%
The Grunts from Amnesia
13.38%
21 13.38%
The Water Horror from Amnesia
16.56%
26 16.56%
Total 157 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?

(01-07-2012, 01:11 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote: Now I never played Justine, but in case of faster monsters, all I can say is to move into a room and close the door. Then you have a few moments to hide or run some more. That or put yourself in between heavy boxes.
In my opinion the suitors in Justine aren't harder to avoid than any other monsters. I guess they're either as fast or a bit faster than grunts but not as fast as brutes. Just a guess since I've never stopped there to find out. Big Grin But at least I didn't have any problems to get rid of the two first ones. Also, they're blind so they notice you only when you make some noise. ...or if you stand right under their nose of course.

The first one will just pass if you hide in one of the two cells on both sides of yours. Pretty simple hiding place imo. The second one won't despawn but there's nothing different in sneaking past him - and to play it safe: when he's on the other side of the room. The third one is totally nuts and you can't hide from him but you can still block him with metal doors every time you enter a new room. He was the only one who managed to killed me - three times and only because I didn't notice the doors/switches at first.

I recommend you to play it; it's terrifying. Tongue

~
01-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?

(01-07-2012, 01:11 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote: Now I never played Justine, but in case of faster monsters, all I can say is to move into a room and close the door. Then you have a few moments to hide or run some more. That or put yourself in between heavy boxes.

Lol, the monsters came through the doors.

And they doesn't disappear like in the main game. They stay hunting you for all time.
And when I put in between heavy boxes, then I can't getting out of there. The monsters doesn't go away.

01-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

The brute, it's obviously the hardest.

And i wish they would add monkey-like monsters in their next game, kind of like the Trolls in Oblivion and Skyrim. I have a fear for monkeys Smile

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2012, 02:41 PM by BlueFury.)
01-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(01-07-2012, 02:39 PM)BlueFury Wrote: The brute, it's obviously the hardest.

And i wish they would add monkey-like monsters in their next game, kind of like the Trolls in Oblivion and Skyrim. I have a fear for monkeys Smile
Or a horrific monster than can change into your worst fears... monkeys included.

01-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I really got Nightmares of Penumbra Black Plague.
Amnesia is a very scary game, but I never dreamed of it.
I think, the Infected are the most creepy enemies for me.
Remember that one in the computer room or the chemical laboratory (?).
I got heart attacks by this sequences and nightmares when I sleep.
The music when an Infected is coming and in this dark corridor is soooo scray!!!
01-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

(01-07-2012, 07:47 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I really got Nightmares of Penumbra Black Plague.
The music when an Infected is coming and in this dark corridor is soooo scray!!!
exactly, Amnesia never gave me nightmares, but i had one about Penumbra: BP

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
01-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(01-07-2012, 09:28 PM)BlueFury Wrote:
(01-07-2012, 07:47 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I really got Nightmares of Penumbra Black Plague.
exactly, Amnesia never gave me nightmares, but i had one about Penumbra: BP
Amnesia got my to jump a couple of times, but I got worried and nervous when Playing Penumbra: Black Plague!

01-08-2012, 04:55 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

(01-07-2012, 07:53 AM)Statyk Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 04:31 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 04:04 AM)Statyk Wrote: I picked "dogs" but where is the vote for the Hunter?? Sure, it was ditched, but my god, that thing scared the crap out of me... I feel like bringing it to life.
what or who is "Hunter"?
This a mod for Black Plague where they put the Hunter in place of the Infected:

They're a lot scarier than the infected. The move really weirdly though. Like the limbs don't more right haha. I saw a screen shot with them in the tech demo. They should have kept them in

Think A Little, Change A Lot
01-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(01-11-2012, 03:34 PM)BrooksyFC Wrote:
(01-07-2012, 07:53 AM)Statyk Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 04:31 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 04:04 AM)Statyk Wrote: I picked "dogs" but where is the vote for the Hunter?? Sure, it was ditched, but my god, that thing scared the crap out of me... I feel like bringing it to life.
what or who is "Hunter"?
This a mod for Black Plague where they put the Hunter in place of the Infected:

They're a lot scarier than the infected. The move really weirdly though. Like the limbs don't more right haha. I saw a screen shot with them in the tech demo. They should have kept them in
I wished that was in Penumbra, it would have been great. Maybe someone can in Amnesia.
01-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

I still think the infected are still scary, but maybe having that creature at appear in some moments in the game to scare the player more.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
01-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Find