Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

User Issues
Metatron
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago User Issues
I don't want to see totally dumb, but I'm having difficulties even navigating thru this game. I can't seem to figure out how to interact properly. I need some interaction for dummies information. The interact, examine, I couldn't even figure out how to turn the hatch valve. Actually used the rock to break the ice, but this is not very user friendly for me. I really need some basic instruction.

Thank you...
07-30-2007, 06:35 AM
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: User Issues
Click with your mouse the valve and keep it interactive all the time, and then start roll your mouse around the valve and it should work.

07-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Website Find
Metatron
Unregistered

Scraper Wrote:Click with your mouse the valve and keep it interactive all the time, and then start roll your mouse around the valve and it should work.

Thanks so much. I'll give it another try, maybe I'm just a dork :-)
07-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
all depends on the mouse, the type of games you play, what you're use to, etc.there are a lot of PC games I can play with no problems, but try me on a console like PSP2 or 3, XBOX, Nintendo64, and I tell ya, I have a hard time controlling the player.
07-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Find
cquinn6972 Offline

Threads: 3
I have issues with the interactive features. I have a laser mouse. It is extremely hard to control. I have problems with finding the hands on objects. Trying to pick them up and use them. In the first scene when you try to open the hatch, I couldn't pick up the rock and walk to the hatch. I ended up all over the place. My head was completely red by the time I got down. I guess I need a different mouse. Would one with a large ball on the top work better? My husband has one of those.
07-31-2007, 05:51 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
If you install the latest patch:
http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/66/

This allows you to turn on a crosshair that might help.
07-31-2007, 08:30 AM
Find
cquinn6972 Offline

Threads: 3
I did download the patch when I was having other problems. What is crosshair? And how could I turn it on?
07-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
cquinn6972 Wrote:I did download the patch when I was having other problems. What is crosshair? And how could I turn it on?
Under game in options.
07-31-2007, 08:51 PM
Find
Metatron
Unregistered

My mouse has a track ball on the side and left and right click buttons. In the options settings it gave you options for a middle button, which I don't have. The options for buttons were confusing I found as well. In the first scene I could move the chair, but not with any accuracy, and don't even ask about the duffle bag LOL. I also broke the whiskey bottle. He's probably gonna be P*ssed about that at some point in the game.
08-01-2007, 05:24 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.