Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
extra_english.lang doesnt work
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44
extra_english.lang doesnt work

As soon as I added that key and inventory thingy it stopped showing the texts.

Youre a just a ordinary finnish guy enjoying the beautiful nature of the woods.[br]Then you realize its getting late.Its already rather dark.And then you got lost.You see some fella in the woods,so you go ask him some help.The guy mumbled something in foreign language,most likely russian and had a disturbing voice.And this guy doesnt seem to be very...healthy..mentally.Suddenly he turns around and starts running towards you aggresively.You start to panic and decide to run.[br]After several minutes of escaping this weird guy,you see somekind of cabin in the distance.You go inside without hesitation and lock the door.[br]Now what the hell is this place..?

Hello
[The text is in finnish and hastily written][br][br]
Hello,my name is Jari.I just though I would write in this paper,since theres nothing else to do while waiting for help.So heres my story:[br]
So I came to this cabin one night,looking for help.My car was broken.This place is...abandoned....maybe.The furniture and the whole place is very old.This place is bigger than it seemed from outside,I wonder what its purpose used to be?I still havent explored every place.Some doors are locked...I have found one key already for the downstairs though.The second door near the dining area of somekind doesnt open.And I havent found any keys!Hmm...And I think I'm not alone here...I keep hearing some kind of metal sound.I cant describe it very well.Perhaps its just this old place that is about to fall apart.Sometimes I hear disturbing growling.Maybe its just a wolf or a bear outside.I dont know.[br]The downstairs has such a ..sharp disgusting smell.Dont know what could cause that...Well maybe all the expired food.But..I swear thats not all that smells here...[br][br]

Okay,I'm getting hungry and scared of the sounds.Even the quietest sounds sound so loud and..aggressive.All the food left here doesnt help my hunger,its all expired and rotten.I cant go outside either,Its freezing there and I have no idea where I am!Also,that "man" I saw outside could still be there!What am I supposed to do?!I'm panicking!All this darkness and fear is killing me!I just wanna rip off my eyes![br][br]

Oh my lord oh my lord!Something is coming up here I swear its coming its fucking coming!The foot steps the damn foots steps!Heavy foot steps!!If anyone gets to see this let my-[br][br]

[The text stopped]

Downstairs Key
Hmm...this might be the key to downstairs...

Whats the problemo?
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2012, 06:42 AM by kartanonperuna.)
01-07-2012, 04:18 AM
Website Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: extra_english.lang doesnt work

(01-07-2012, 04:18 AM)kartanonperuna Wrote: As soon as I added that key and inventory thingy it stopped showing the texts.

Youre a just a ordinary finnish guy enjoying the beautiful nature of the woods.[br]Then you realize its getting late.Its already rather dark.And then you got lost.You see some fella in the woods,so you go ask him some help.The guy mumbled something in foreign language,most likely russian and had a disturbing voice.And this guy doesnt seem to be very...healthy..mentally.Suddenly he turns around and starts running towards you aggresively.You start to panic and decide to run.[br]After several minutes of escaping this weird guy,you see somekind of cabin in the distance.You go inside without hesitation and lock the door.[br]Now what the hell is this place..?

Hello
[The text is in finnish and hastily written][br][br]
Hello,my name is Jari.I just though I would write in this paper,since theres nothing else to do while waiting for help.So heres my story:[br]
So I came to this cabin one night,looking for help.My car was broken.This place is...abandoned....maybe.The furniture and the whole place is very old.This place is bigger than it seemed from outside,I wonder what its purpose used to be?I still havent explored every place.Some doors are locked...I have found one key already for the downstairs though.The second door near the dining area of somekind doesnt open.And I havent found any keys!Hmm...And I think I'm not alone here...I keep hearing some kind of metal sound.I cant describe it very well.Perhaps its just this old place that is about to fall apart.Sometimes I hear disturbing growling.Maybe its just a wolf or a bear outside.I dont know.[br]The downstairs has such a ..sharp disgusting smell.Dont know what could cause that...Well maybe all the expired food.But..I swear thats not all that smells here...[br][br]

Okay,I'm getting hungry and scared of the sounds.Even the quietest sounds sound so loud and..aggressive.All the food left here doesnt help my hunger,its all expired and rotten.I cant go outside either,Its freezing there and I have no idea where I am!Also,that "man" I saw outside could still be there!What am I supposed to do?!I'm panicking!All this darkness and fear is killing me!I just wanna rip off my eyes![br][br]

Oh my lord oh my lord!Something is coming up here I swear its coming its fucking coming!The foot steps the damn foots steps!Heavy foot steps!!If anyone gets to see this let my-[br][br]

[The text stopped]

Downstairs Key
Hmm...this might be the key to downstairs...

Whats the problemo?

You don't have </CATEGORY> at the end of Inventory.

01-07-2012, 04:21 AM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Oh,okay.So I delete that and it'll be okay?
Ah fuck i read that so wrong.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2012, 04:23 AM by kartanonperuna.)
01-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

<LANGUAGE>

<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">

<Entry Name="Description">Youre a just a ordinary finnish guy
enjoying the beautiful nature of the woods.[br]Then you realize its
getting late.Its already rather dark.And then you got lost.You see some
fella in the woods,so you go ask him some help.The guy mumbled something
in foreign language,most likely russian and had a disturbing voice.And
this guy doesnt seem to be very...healthy..mentally.Suddenly he turns
around and starts running towards you aggresively.You start to panic and
decide to run.[br]After several minutes of escaping this weird guy,you
see somekind of cabin in the distance.You go inside without hesitation
and lock the door.[br]Now what the hell is this place..?</Entry>

</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">

<Entry Name="Note_theletter_Name">Hello</Entry>

<Entry Name="Note_theletter_Text">[The text is in finnish and hastily written][br][br]

Hello,my name is Jari.I just though I would write in this paper,since
theres nothing else to do while waiting for help.So heres my story:[br]

So I came to this cabin one night,looking for help.My car was
broken.This place is...abandoned....maybe.The furniture and the whole
place is very old.This place is bigger than it seemed from outside,I
wonder what its purpose used to be?I still havent explored every
place.Some doors are locked...I have found one key already for the
downstairs though.The second door near the dining area of somekind
doesnt open.And I havent found any keys!Hmm...And I think I'm not alone
here...I keep hearing some kind of metal sound.I cant describe it very
well.Perhaps its just this old place that is about to fall
apart.Sometimes I hear disturbing growling.Maybe its just a wolf or a
bear outside.I dont know.[br]The downstairs has such a ..sharp
disgusting smell.Dont know what could cause that...Well maybe all the
expired food.But..I swear thats not all that smells here...[br][br]

Okay,I'm getting hungry and scared of the sounds.Even the quietest
sounds sound so loud and..aggressive.All the food left here doesnt help
my hunger,its all expired and rotten.I cant go outside either,Its
freezing there and I have no idea where I am!Also,that "man" I saw
outside could still be there!What am I supposed to do?!I'm panicking!All
this darkness and fear is killing me!I just wanna rip off my
eyes![br][br]

Oh my lord oh my lord!Something is coming up here I swear its coming its
fucking coming!The foot steps the damn foots steps!Heavy foot steps!!If
anyone gets to see this let my-[br][br]

[The text stopped]</Entry>

</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">

<Entry Name=ItemName_DownstairsKey">Downstairs Key</Entry>

<Entry Name=ItemDesc_DownstairsKey">Hmm...this might be the key to downstairs...</Entry>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

That should work...

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
01-07-2012, 04:25 AM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Hmm it didnt..
01-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Try to take out the "[" and "]" in "[the text stopped]"... The game reads those brackets as 'functions'. for example, the "[br]". Just leave it as "the text stopped".

EDIT: As well as anywhere else you have done this.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2012, 05:13 AM by Statyk.)
01-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Didnt work.
01-07-2012, 05:14 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(01-07-2012, 05:14 AM)kartanonperuna Wrote: Didnt work.
I swear, nothing will save you from things failing. I honestly can't say why it's not working if you added the "</CATEGORY>" at the end of the "inventory" category.
01-07-2012, 05:23 AM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Hhaha.Yeah I know everything just keeps failing.So I put it like this:

<LANGUAGE>
<Entry Name="Description">Youre a just a ordinary finnish guy enjoying the beautiful nature of the woods.[br]Then you realize its getting late.Its already rather dark.And then you got lost.You see some fella in the woods,so you go ask him some help.The guy mumbled something in foreign language,most likely russian and had a disturbing voice.And this guy doesnt seem to be very...healthy..mentally.Suddenly he turns around and starts running towards you aggresively.You start to panic and decide to run.[br]After several minutes of escaping this weird guy,you see somekind of cabin in the distance.You go inside without hesitation and lock the door.[br]Now what the hell is this place..?</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Note_theletter_Text">[The text is in finnish and hastily written][br][br]

The text stopped</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name=ItemDesc_DownstairsKey">Hmm...this might be the key to downstairs...</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>
01-07-2012, 05:27 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

did you not check my EDIT? Try this:

<LANGUAGE>
<Entry Name="Description">Youre a just a ordinary finnish guy enjoying the beautiful nature of the woods.[br]Then you realize its getting late.Its already rather dark.And then you got lost.You see some fella in the woods,so you go ask him some help.The guy mumbled something in foreign language,most likely russian and had a disturbing voice.And this guy doesnt seem to be very...healthy..mentally.Suddenly he turns around and starts running towards you aggresively.You start to panic and decide to run.[br]After several minutes of escaping this weird guy,you see somekind of cabin in the distance.You go inside without hesitation and lock the door.[br]Now what the hell is this place..?</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Note_theletter_Text">The text is in finnish and hastily written[br][br]

The text stopped</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>
01-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Find