Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Bugs in the control room.
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Bugs in the control room.

Yes, in addition of my question regarding the useless steam pipe puzzle, I found some more frustrating things in the control room when you have to repair the bridge machinery.

I don't really know if this are bugs or if FG wants as it is to have different solutions to get the machinery working.

First attempt is, that I repaired the machinery without recognize to put the steam pipes into the holes in the wall. So I never did this puzzle and it seems to be not part of the game. Did it take any effect?

Second thing is, when you first make the piston into the right position you only have to do the same with the weights. But when you don't do the weights into the right position and control the piston again, the levers will be stuck - except the first one on the left side. When you operate it up and down again, the machinery is repaired without doing anything on the weights.
So there are missed puzzles you don't need to do when you try different orders. The game seems to respond very different on the player's method.

It could be artificial, but I think there is something incorrect with the mechanics.

There are three puzzles to get the machinery working, but you only have to do two or one if you experiment out different methods. I don't believe that's normal.

Thomas, as the programmer, perhaps can say something about this issues?
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2013, 05:53 PM by Googolplex.)
01-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

Threads: 28
RE: The control room is full of bugs.

i haven't seen any bug till now,
but i belive you

The same is in my custom stories sometimes, my scriptings are right but they won't work
maybe it's the same, but whatever,
this game is awesome
01-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Yeah the control room is a bit buggy, I made a thread with some bugs I found here. In the room with the levers they have forgotten to lock one of the levers when you finish that part of the puzzle, so if you pull it again the game will count that part as solved twice. That means you can skip one of the other rooms, but normally you have to solve all three rooms.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2012, 07:22 AM by nofsky.)
01-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(01-09-2012, 07:21 AM)nofsky Wrote: Yeah the control room is a bit buggy, I made a thread with some bugs I found here. In the room with the levers they have forgotten to lock one of the levers when you finish that part of the puzzle, so if you pull it again the game will count that part as solved twice. That means you can skip one of the other rooms, but normally you have to solve all three rooms.
This is exactly, what I mean!

Thank you for share this findings.

I managed to create a fixed hps file for what you have to solve all three puzzles (piston, weights and pipes) to repair the bridge. I changed the puzzle count from 3 to 4, because the piston will count twice times when operating the one "forgotten" lever again. Should add in a further update hopefully.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2013, 05:57 PM by Googolplex.)
01-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Restarting the levels usually solves all the issues.
There will be no patch.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(01-09-2012, 11:31 PM)Kein Wrote: There will be no patch.
How can you say that?

Jens said it could take a little longer until they release a new patch.
So it will be not soon, but probably later.

01-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I see no reason to make a patch just for that consider the fact they are busy with new project already.

Just my opinion though, of course

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-11-2012, 04:25 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Penumbra also gets a patch while Amnesia developing.
01-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Find