Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another error! Entering another level!
Tripication Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Another error! Entering another level!

In reply to PM.

What happened to me, was i made the map and I went back to the intro to link the level door with the Sewers, now at FIRST I Opened the ...(file browser)in the MapFile section on the level door. I navigated to my Sewers map, and double clicked it, assuming that would load it. I ran the game, got in, and had the EXACT same error message u had.(All of this was just after reading your thread)So i tried to load the MapFile again, and rather than double clicking it in the FileBrowser(...), i Highlighted Sewers.map and clicked load. I will quickly go test this again but other than that, im not sure.

----------------------------------------
Well, it didnt happen the second time, give it a shot anyway, but all we can assume now is that you have got the .hps or some other name or feild wrong.

Try removing the PlayerStartArea_1 from your level door, you dont need it.
and make sure in your leftway.hps you have at LEAST
void OnStart()
{

}
MAKE SURE YOU HAVEN'T GOT ANY TPOS IN YOUR leftway.hps FILE. The smallest thing is the bigggest

If you really want, or you dont solve this problem and its driving u insane, you can always .rar or .zip the map, and upload it to mediafire.com, then send us the link, and we'll see if we can help.

[Image: speedart__2___yoshimitsu_by_kamofudge-d4yo6kk.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2012, 03:07 PM by Tripication.)
01-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Find
oscar1007 Offline

Threads: 24

(01-11-2012, 02:52 PM)Tripication Wrote: In reply to PM.

What happened to me, was i made the map and I went back to the intro to link the level door with the Sewers, now at FIRST I Opened the ...(file browser)in the MapFile section on the level door. I navigated to my Sewers map, and double clicked it, assuming that would load it. I ran the game, got in, and had the EXACT same error message u had.(All of this was just after reading your thread)So i tried to load the MapFile again, and rather than double clicking it in the FileBrowser(...), i Highlighted Sewers.map and clicked load. I will quickly go test this again but other than that, im not sure.

Well, it didnt happen the second time, give it a shot anyway, but all we can assume now is that you have got the .hps or some other name or feild wrong.

void OnStart()
{

}
MAKE SURE YOU HAVEN'T GOT ANY TPOS IN YOUR leftway.hps FILE. The smallest thing is the bigggest

If you really want, or you dont solve this problem and its driving u insane, you can always .rar or .zip the map, and upload it to mediafire.com, then send us the link, and we'll see if we can help.
What is "TPOS"? thanks for taking your time! your awesome!

Money can't buy you happiness. But I rather cry in my ferrari.

PROJECT:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/oscar1007
01-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

(01-11-2012, 04:51 PM)oscar1007 Wrote:
(01-11-2012, 02:52 PM)Tripication Wrote: In reply to PM.

void OnStart()
{

}

What is "TPOS"? thanks for taking your time! your awesome!
I think he meant typos, kinda ironic since he said don't make any typos ^^

01-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Find
oscar1007 Offline

Threads: 24

YES IT WORKS! THANK YOU! Your the best for making this. i did as you said about loading the map and it works!!!
REP FOR YOU!

Money can't buy you happiness. But I rather cry in my ferrari.

PROJECT:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/oscar1007
01-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Find
Tripication Offline

Threads: 19

(01-11-2012, 05:03 PM)oscar1007 Wrote: YES IT WORKS! THANK YOU! Your the best for making this. i did as you said about loading the map and it works!!!
REP FOR YOU!
Thanks, and good luck with the rest of your story.

PS. I did mean typos(yes ironic as hell)

[Image: speedart__2___yoshimitsu_by_kamofudge-d4yo6kk.png]
01-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Find