Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Project abandoned] Your Turn Chapter 1 - a custom story
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
Sad  [Project abandoned] Your Turn Chapter 1 - a custom story

Your Turn

Current status: map is 75% complete (it is pretty big), custom models progress - working on it, and finally voice actors waiting for someone to reply (if you want to: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-13385.html).

This is a story of you and only you. You simply were in the wrong place at the wrong time and you got caught in the middle of a drive by shooting you were seen by a gang member who saw you were injured but had survived he gunned you down and shot you in the heart. No one expected you to live after what had happened but it would seem you’re time was far from over after the incident and a lengthy recovery the police questioned you and determined that you were the result of gang violence. The gang was known as KAT (name will more then likely be changed later) You were told to stay home and to remain safe but you are not the type of person that listens to much of anything at all. You know the best course of action...

Setting: you player is in the police station and has been allowed to go home the officer walks out thinking you will leave but you see a file has been left on the table... the player is now prompted to take the file and take pictures of it with his/her cell phone. You now leave the police station and go home with the pictures of the files and the pictures of the suspects after a long night of drinking he goes outside looking for the person whom you believe to be the man who gunned him down. [Player takes control] You soon identify the target and shoot him in the head three times (player action) after this happens the police come and the character passes out and you wake up inside of his home or so he thinks. [Player is now in control] As you walk around the room you know that you are not at home and you become very confused luckily there is a bottle of whiskey sitting on the desk to clear you're mind (alcohol allows you to think clearly). Now you begin to explore to unravel what is happening to you and how...

NEWS
Live stream channel is now up but I will not be online that often as of right now :/

What to expect...

-custom objects (expected right? :p)
-new monsters (screen shots coming soon)
-dialogue between characters - you're player will not be a mute hurray!!! also if you are a girl you choose to have a girl voice not a males voice.
-more...

Note: hello this is my first story it is in planning currently the plot may seem confusing but I think you will like it once you play it for you're self. Grammar is not my strong point either so please excuse it I am working on it . Also if any one would like to test it before I post it on ModDB and here tell me I would like to get some feed back before hand.

Please give suggestions and advice again this my first story so go easy on me lol. Check back on this thread because most of the updates will be here.

(This post was last modified: 06-13-2012, 09:50 PM by darkely.)
01-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: You're Turn - a custom story

Since it is your first custom story, I have nothing else to say, except: WOW...

Good luck matey, you need it. You did take real challenge ^^...

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
01-17-2012, 01:01 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

(01-17-2012, 01:01 AM)Elven Wrote: Since it is your first custom story, I have nothing else to say, except: WOW...

Good luck matey, you need it. You did take real challenge ^^...
I know it is a pretty big challenge to pull off. Currently I am working on the map it is sort of a pain because the players house is supposed to be more modern a lot of the stuff (objects like desks, lighting, and other things) is going to be made by me not a preset.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2012, 01:07 AM by darkely.)
01-17-2012, 01:06 AM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

So, you know how to model Big Grin? There aren't many modellers (Who I know)...

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
01-17-2012, 01:07 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Note: "you're" is short for "you are."

(To post below: Pony ninja strikes again!)

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2012, 01:10 AM by Your Computer.)
01-17-2012, 01:08 AM
Website Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

I don't want to insult you in any way, but I just wanted to save you the embarrassment that might come later: Your 'You're' is supposed to be 'Your'.

So the title should read: Your Turn.

Good luck with development!

EDIT: Damn that pink pony computer beating me to the punch.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2012, 01:08 AM by Cryaotic.)
01-17-2012, 01:08 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

(01-17-2012, 01:07 AM)Elven Wrote: So, you know how to model Big Grin? There aren't many modellers (Who I know)...
... Idea
that took me a moment to get lol I mean as far as making the objects/items is what I meant :p

@Your Computer & Cryaotic thanks I changed it I feel stupid :p by the way Your Computer look at you're youtube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzkwl6IXv...C8&index=1

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2012, 01:11 AM by darkely.)
01-17-2012, 01:09 AM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Your Turn - a custom story

Haha, anyway good luck with development Tongue. I recommend finding motivation, else development will get really slow... I mean reallllly slow... I have right now huge motivation thanks to 2 person who visit my livestream every day Smile! Feels so great to create something while others observe and are like "O.o, that is just epic and awesome!", its not because of ego, it is because of appreciation and that it is really cool Big Grin! My other motivation is thought of going youtube, searching little bit and watch let's plays of other people Smile!

So anyway yeah, try to find some motivation, then you will go like a boss!

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
01-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks Smile I will putting up a live stream up sooner or later. What do you do? people will see me getting pissed off at the computer :p more then likely

01-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Oh these are hard words how my CS is named. It is "The Interrogation" (Had to check my title, as I can't type it out =.=, but I can say it perfectly).
Since I have discovered that I am not type who can do one huge story and release it, I prefer to be chapter type. Especially because people have to wait between chapters with excitement. That is if there are people who like it Big Grin.
Anyway, good luck Tongue, start is always one of the hardest part.

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2012, 01:30 AM by Elven.)
01-17-2012, 01:22 AM
Find