Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dead Dog/Alive Dog? --Spoilers
Guest7 Offline

Threads: 17
Question  Dead Dog/Alive Dog? --Spoilers

Good News and Bad News, about that 1st dog.
I decided to blow it up. I had to use 2 dynamite sticks, and it worked and not much blood. Poor thing, but it was it or me.
Then I used the PicAxe a few times to be sure, and found a rock and droped it on the dog. The dog didn't move. I had to kill it---or I thought I killed it!? And I got real close, not one eye flicker.
I went looking around, and came back a few times, just to be sure the dog was dead--dead.
Last time I went to see, the rock was still there, but the dog was GONE.

Is this a zombie dog? Or did someone/something get it? There were no drag marks, like someone had drug it, nor blood trail leading away.

Does anyone know what happened to the dog; that I just blew up, axed and droped a large rock on and for sure thought it was dead?
08-11-2007, 02:58 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
RE: Dead Dog/Alive Dog? --Spoilers

most likely, you entered an area where the screen said "loading". I think it just get erased when you load it, to save space and/or time.
so the dog is dead, just no longer visible.
08-11-2007, 03:18 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Yes, it's a zombie dog, it comes back after few hours of playing...

Nah, just kidding. Tongue Dog dissapears when you go far enough of it. So it's dead for sure.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2007, 08:51 AM by Ano.)
08-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Website Find
Guest7 Offline

Very Funny....no worries...the dog is dead...or it is not visible, but dead.

Guess Who ressurected? That dog! It just came mosying down hall and guess who got eaten?
The dog lives and I have no more Dynamite. What do I do now? Help.
08-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

The first dog you encounter is when you get the key from the office and exit. I'm assuming you mean that one, for technically, that is the 1st one no matter what.
Weather you kill the dog or not, unlocking the door in the north center area, and proceeding, will summon another dog.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2007, 10:18 PM by Greatred.)
08-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Find
Guest7 Offline

So I have to kill 1st dog all over? (because I got that key from the office after I killed the 1st dog).
And the that door in north-central area has been unlocked for some time.

Looks like I must of done things out of order. Now if I kill 1st dog again, and keep north-central door open, no more dogs?

Most important: How do I get more dynamite?

Thank you very much for your help.
08-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

you may have done things out of order. All I am aware of, there should only be two dogs until you blow up that cave-in, then there will be more dogs afterwards, but you'll no longer be in that area up there.
If there are more than two dogs in the area you're talking about, then something may be up. otherwise, it's pretty much just scripted to have those two dogs.

Where did this second dog appear? on the south side of the locked door (where you start) or the north (newer area)?
08-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Find
Guest7 Offline

The 2nd dog appeared, right after I came from the Office and was walking left, to get to central-door, to put the string for the tnt, etc.
(This is after I already killed the 1st dog).
I may have to start all over and go in correct order, if I cannot find anymore Dynamite to kill this other dog.
Thank you for telling me there are 2 dogs in this area. Now, I am not sure which dog it is-- ressurected dog #1 or guard dog #2. Thanks again for your input, it helps Smile
08-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Find
Mango Offline

Threads: 0

Guest7 Wrote:The dog lives and I have no more Dynamite. What do I do now? Help.

It's Hammer time! Big Grin

Throwing rocks and whatnot works fairly well too.
08-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Find
Guest7 Offline

Thank you everyone who helped me with the dogs Smile
I took a different tactic, and laid-low to the crates, walls, etc. I even got out beef jerky (different approach) just incase. I didn't need any more dynamite, the picAx, hammer or jerky. I kept out of sight and to the left. I didn't have to kill the dog again or again.
At the explosion location, I had all the ingredients, lit it-- and ran for cover-- KaBOOM! Now I am in the Newer Location.
I am not sure of what the "plot" is for this Newer Location, yet I am looking around and saving games at any Artifact I run across.
I think this game is going to take me a long time-lol

p.s. somehow my game saved in Difficult mode and it was dreadfull-- everything was pitch black-- but I quickly used ESC corrected that.
08-12-2007, 02:43 AM
Find