Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Patial Download of game
roders Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Patial Download of game

I have excatly the same problem, this issue needs sorting ASAP, or I want my money back.
01-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Hi,

There have been many downloads during the last couple of days and according to our statistics almost all has retrieved the game in one attempt. No one else has written to us about having any problem either these last days.

Unfortunately this problem is more likely a general problem of the the route the download takes from server to you and probably there is a problem somewhere along that route causing your troubles.

If possible wait for half a day or a day and then try to download again, if it does not work then either please send me a pm here on the forum.
01-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Website Find
roders Offline

Threads: 0

After numerous attempts, a day and a half later the download comepleted. I use FDM and it said there was NO resume support, but the file was split into segments, and the downlaod would always fail when changing/trying to download a new segment, hopefully this info will help get this properly sorted.
P.S Having No resume support was doubly annoying, not just because of the download failures, but because of the limited download speed from your server. There must be abetter way of distributing the client than this?
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2008, 05:49 AM by Alcoholocaust.)
01-15-2008, 05:47 AM
Find
striderdm1
Unregistered

Hi jens
I'm having some troubles downloading the Mac release. It says on the web page that it's supposed to be 300mb, but both Safari and Firefox download just under 350mb. But neither one downloads the DMG proper, as it will not mount.

I get the error saying "codec overrun".

So, firstly why am I downloading more than I should and then the DMG error.. oh dear. I've only just registered and don't want the download/serial code to expire :-(

Please help! Thanks very much.
01-19-2008, 09:00 PM
striderdm1
Unregistered

Seems the web page has been changed to show 350mb, but now I cannot even complete the download at all. Grrrr!!!

Okay, during the transfer (and I've tried this more than once) it'll stop and Safari reports this error: "cannot parse response".

Trying again right now..sigh.. :-( :-(

I've reset my router and I've no problems download elsewhere on the net. I'm a speedy 10mb cable line and I've no 3rd party utils installed, like Speed Downloader say. I've made a point of keeping Leopard clean as it's a new OS. Pulling my hair out, I just wanna play this game..

Thx

edit:
just re/re/re-tried again and the download competed. But back to "codec overrun". <cry>
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2008, 09:43 AM by RandomStar.)
01-20-2008, 09:28 AM