Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Blender is confusing!
Brute Offline

Threads: 10
Sad  Blender is confusing!

The new version of Blender is freaking me out! It's totally confusing. I barely managed to create some models, but I seemed to have problems for putting a texture on them. No matter, if I choose a picture in the UV-image Editor or in the other, weird window. They model is everytime invisible and creating an material won't help, because it just setting on one half of the model, very strange!

Is there anyone, who could help me? I was looking for tutorials but hadn't found anything helpful! Confused

01-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Blender is confusing!

Compared to Blender 2.4, i love the new interface introduced in 2.5.

If the model has no textures in the model editor or in game, then the textures are missing .mat files. The .mat files have to have the same name as the texture, excluding the file extensions. If the textures are not applied on the model properly, then perhaps your UV coordinates are wrong. If, however, by "one half of the model" you mean "half of the faces of the mesh", then you forgot to convert the quads to tris before export.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2012, 07:04 PM by Your Computer.)
01-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Website Find
Brute Offline

Threads: 10

@Your Computer
Okaaaaayyyyyyyyyy........ xD
So, what shall I do?

01-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

For starters, study this: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/thi...3d/blender

After that, provide a better description of your issue (preferably with images).

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
01-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Website Find