Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request I need help with my own Custom story
Mucrush Offline

Threads: 3
I need help with my own Custom story

Hi I am currently planning on making my own Custom story, but I have no idea of how many of the functions and scripting works in the Leveleditor :/

So I would like to ask if someone could help me with those stuff? Don't worry, I will design the maps myself and the story, but I really just don't know how all of the other stuff works out, so if anyone would be nice to help me, just reply back in this thread (or PM me).

A TINY bit about the story (haven't worked on it yet): it takes place down in some sewers and places like the Cistern in the original game (whatever a Cistern actually is). I had the idea of the story being played by a man called ---. He wakes up somewhere in the sewers and have no clue about anything (cause he have amnesia). He then finds notes on his way, which are written by himself, telling him what has happened and why, kinda like a guide.

About the enemies in this story, I thought it should be the Justine monsters, because the others are overused IMO. Also about the music: because I want an Custom story with some actually original stuff in it, I wanted to use some other games music in this, some fitting (which could also be from Penumbra, or Silent Hill, some scary games).

So, again, if anyone can help me, please don't be afraid to contact me Big Grin
01-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: I need help with my own Custom story

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/

This should have all the information you need Smile

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2012, 12:14 PM by Kman.)
01-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Website Find
Mucrush Offline

Threads: 3

Thanks for the link, but I am sorry to say that I don't plan on working at the script and all of those... I simply don't understands anything of it, which is also why I was asking for HELPERS, not asking for a tutorial :/

So I am sad to say that your post really didn't bring any lights to this project for me. There is also no shame in making a Custom stories together with some other people that knows the stuff if thats why you gave me that link, just saying. Smile
01-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Find
trollox Offline

Threads: 16

I'm almost done with my mod. I've been scripting / working on my map for over 100 hours i know the scripting part about key's on doors. notes and jumpscares. Those are the main scripting parts i rekon so far. But i guess if you wanted me to i could script for you. Depending on what you had in mind.
reply what you think about that suggestion
Pm me in the privet message box so i can see it faster.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2012, 08:31 PM by trollox.)
01-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Find