Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
The Interrogation - Chapter 1
Shadowfied Offline

Threads: 34
RE: The Interrogation - Chapter 1

This is one of the worst maps I've ever played. I'm sorry, the idea and all is good but the amount of bugs and glitches makes it almost unplayable.

Spoiler below!

I'm now the kid locked in his room and grounded, searched E V E R Y W H E R E, there is nothing to be found. I climbed the drawers and got stuck in the air and sled around in the air, finding some area I could interact with saying "I need to get this door open".....there was no door, it was just thin air, and now I can't even find that spot again..

Ok, I just found out what to do. And that was...amazing. But I must say that putting the interaction area in the air was not a good move...

Current - Castle Darkuan
Other - F*cked Map
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2012, 03:28 PM by Shadowfied.)
01-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Oh, I didn't remove it O.o? Omg... another thing xD

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
01-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Find
Shadowfied Offline

Holy shit. Just finished it. I apologize for what I said earlier, I was just so frustrated. And the reason I didn't find out what to do is because I have played so many custom stories so I'm used to how entities usually work, and
Spoiler below!
the thought of using the candlestick to break the door never hit me, because that is always a static object, so I just ignored it
, so extremely nice work getting us to think in other ways.

The
Spoiler below!
forest level was probably the scariest map I've ever played. Custom stories usually don't scare me anymore cause I've played so many and I'm so used to "PICK UP A KEY BOOM BRUTE APPEARS" types of scares and not those atmospheric kind of scares that you encounter in The Dark Descent (the original story), the sounds, fog and environment made me shake the entire way through. I also love the blinking eyes you could see from a distance, looked really good.

Again, excuse me for what I said earlier and congratulations on having finished a chapter of this custom story, it's definitely one of the best I have ever played.

And just a tip:
Spoiler below!
In the room with the glued painting, try making a sign area around the painting instead, cause it's very annoying when the message pops up and disappears after a few seconds even when you look away etc.

+ Rep for this man, thanks for making this.

Current - Castle Darkuan
Other - F*cked Map
01-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks for the tip Smile! I'll do it definitely in patch!

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
01-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Find
Shadowfied Offline

(01-21-2012, 03:56 PM)Elven Wrote: Thanks for the tip Smile! I'll do it definitely in patch!
Nice to hear. If there's any help you need for something, please tell me. Would love to be a part of this. Perhaps I could even voice act if you need more voice actors. Tongue

Also, in the patch, I think you should include the music in the credits, and also where you got the sound effects so you give proper credit.

Current - Castle Darkuan
Other - F*cked Map
01-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

There is file called "Credits.TXT" or something like that in CS folder Smile
Many sound effects were made from me or taken place where everyone can take for free Smile

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
01-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Remember,this requires a lot of logical thinking.Think outside the box or whatever they say.
01-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Website Find
Shadowfied Offline

(01-21-2012, 05:53 PM)kartanonperuna Wrote: Remember,this requires a lot of logical thinking.Think outside the box or whatever they say.
Yeah if you read my review inside the spoilers that's what I praised. The reason I got stuck was because I was thinking straight forward default amnesia style, where the
Spoiler below!
candlesticks
are not moveable objects.

Although if it's logical picking up a
Spoiler below!
candlestick with the candles still burning
is debatable.

Current - Castle Darkuan
Other - F*cked Map
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2012, 06:00 PM by Shadowfied.)
01-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Yup.This CS is very unique.
01-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Sadly, I
Spoiler below!
went down the well (nice scares there, by the way. I jumped out of my chair)
and I got a Black Box :|

Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in modlue ntdll.dll at 001B:7C91240B

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
01-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Find