Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Sins Of Our Past: Chapter 1
rallelol Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Sins Of Our Past: Chapter 1

(01-22-2012, 12:19 AM)Lihas Wrote: @Dark Knight
I don't know. Maybe. For me, she uses the name "Echo" or the one in credits.

@rallelol
Spoiler below!
If you are in library, there is a monster spawn at the end of the hallway. It will do the dirty work, if it doesn't kill you first. In laboratory, there is a floating key in the middle of the room. Use it.
There's Nothing in the room at all, it's an empty corridor with 3 doors...

01-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Find
Lihas Offline

@rallelol
Can you give some details about where you are, what place, what did you do previously do?
01-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Website Find
rallelol Offline

(01-22-2012, 09:31 AM)Lihas Wrote: @rallelol
Can you give some details about where you are, what place, what did you do previously do?
Ah whatever, i'll just have to play it from the beginning again, it was not too far from the beginning so.

01-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Find
Lihas Offline

(01-22-2012, 06:06 PM)rallelol Wrote:
Ah whatever, i'll just have to play it from the beginning again, it was not too far from the beginning so.
Have it your way.
01-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Just edit the custom_story_settings.cfg to load whichever map you were on.

Posting Freak
01-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Website Find
Lihas Offline

(01-22-2012, 10:48 PM)kman Wrote:
Just edit the custom_story_settings.cfg to load whichever map you were on.
But he doesn't know the PlayerStart's name.
01-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Website Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Alright, ladies and gentlemen. Let's try this one out. Booyah.

The usual list of mine.
Spoiler below!

- No map_cache files. This already makes me happy.
- *chuckles* "One day, something goes wrong. Everything goes wrong" Oh, Murphy's law, you mess with people even in video games.
- Strongly recommend a boxlight. Can't see much of anything.
- Dem statues had better not be there for a reason most of us on the forum know of.
- I'd recommend music as well.
- "Use it to smash de door open. Hurry!" But but but...his voice makes me feel uneasy. I don't wanna go in there.
- Door, Y U NO let me through? Smack me in the face like that...rude!
- I'm a bit confused as to why somebody would put a painting behind a bookshelf.
- There are a LOT of rats. Also, many jumpscares. No atmosphere, I'm afraid.
- Well that's a shame. He can't hit on women in the pub.
- I noticed from his wibbly-wobbly walking that you have him pathed to every pathnode. You can just tell him to go to the end node and he should use the pathnodes to get there, while walking smoothly.
- Stack of things makes for an obvious hiding spot. Though I like all the stuff. No sense as to why it's there, though.
- Noticed some minor clipping in the corners. Not obvious, I just happened to wander over here.
- A mapping thing many people don't seem to get on their first go. When using cellarbase, be sure to put welders in between each wall piece. The pieces aren't seamless.
- Woah, does the loading screen imply my character is gay? Interesting!
- Waitwhat. Where did the brute come from?
- Attempted to throw a monster out of the cabinet at me, I see.
- I always fail to understand why someone would put a kitchen in a grimy basement.
- Nyah nyah, got the jar of oil without opening the door. Hah.
- Again, music would help quite a bit. Feels empty so far.
- Thorns growing from the roof to climb? Sounds painful.
- Holy ************ that's a lot of golden statues.
- I can tell you used multiple planes here. If you check off the box "UseLocalCoords", then your horizontal planes will always line up.
- Bring it on, random Suitor!
- Ran past it...and saw a golden statue sitting at the end of the hall, randomly. Why is this there?
- Well, guess I gotta die.
- Yep. So now I have a chrome key. Fancy! I wasn't aware that chrome was around in this time period.
- Something I forgot to mention earlier, I like how you didn't just ditch the jar from the inventory.
- Ran down the stairs. Saw the footprints. This is something you'd never learn unless someone tells you.
If you select UV subdivs 2x2 on the decal, you can select which footprint you want to use, instead of using all four in one spot.
- The grunt is after me now...I was under the impression he was a good guy?
- Methinks you have a pathnode issue. He's walking beside the door, trying to go through the wall.
- That was one strong gust of wind. Hm...water monster, perhaps?
- Knew it. Hah. Looks like I had to die.
- Some more clipping. Gotta be careful with that.
- Mmkay. Creepy baby noises.
- Surprise twist? Suddenly immortal...though now explains the not dying.
- Not going to lie, I really wish there was something more to do while the Angel speaks to you.
- Aaaaand end.

If this is your first story, not bad! A couple improvements here and there, and you'd have a pretty nice custom. Go and make chapter two!

01-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Find
Lihas Offline

Oh-kay... I laughed at your post, Obliviator. You made fun of pretty much everything I built. But, this IS my first custom story, and I don't have any experience on creating athmospheres, but I'll learn. Chapter 2 is under work, and slowly progressing. I MAY make a total conversion when the storyline is finished, and sum up every chapter to one experience. Just saying. But still, thanks for playing my mod.
01-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Website Find
lizard lips Offline

Threads: 12

How do i get passed the part when your in the hall way and there are 3 locked dooors, once locking my exit back?
01-26-2012, 02:51 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(01-25-2012, 08:39 PM)Lihas Wrote: Oh-kay... I laughed at your post, Obliviator. You made fun of pretty much everything I built. But, this IS my first custom story, and I don't have any experience on creating athmospheres, but I'll learn. Chapter 2 is under work, and slowly progressing. I MAY make a total conversion when the storyline is finished, and sum up every chapter to one experience. Just saying. But still, thanks for playing my mod.
I assure you that it was written straight from my mind as I played. I think I was in a wacky mood earlier. Don't take it as offensive. I wasn't mocking your map, simply being jovial as I played. Seeing as it is your first story, I must say, not bad at all!

01-26-2012, 03:02 AM
Find