Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0
LucasI3434 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0

I've read through every thread here dedicated to this error, and I know how to get to the downloads I need. But the issue I appear to have though is determining what the specs are for my graphics card and my rendering driver.

I have a Dell Inspiron 14 (N4020) Laptop
Processor: Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30 GHz 2.30 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit Operating System

I've searched through the informational manuals that came with the laptop, I've searched through dell's support center, I've even consulted the almighty Google, but I can't find what the specs are. I apologize if I have simply overlooked it somewhere, but I would really enjoy some assistance on this matter.

I know exactly what I need to do (well... hopefully) as far as updating, thanks to these two threads:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html and
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11183-post-100632.html
granted that this is indeed the problem I have.

I've attempted to check the HPL.log to find the specs, but unfortunately, they are not there. I don't know why.

I just need to know what the specs are (Intel, NVIDIA, ATI, etc) so I can download proper software. Thank you in advance for helping me out.

NOTE: This only occurs when I attempt to run the Level Editor. Amnesia itself works fine, it's only the Level Editor that prompts the error message.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2012, 12:35 AM by LucasI3434.)
01-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0

Start > Right click on Computer > Manage.
Search left side for Device Manager, click on it.
Click on Display Adapters. Your video card (which I'm venturing a guess will be a chipset) will be listed there.

As for the level editor crash. Are you making sure the HPL suite is installed inside the Amnesia root? Also, try re-installing and/or posting your Level Editor log here. The HPL log records crashes from Amnesia.exe I believe. To find your level editor log go to:

My Documents > HPL2 > LevelEditor.txt

Post it here inside spoiler tags [ spoiler ] <LOG> [ /spoiler ] and maybe one of the gurus around can help ya out Smile

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2012, 10:03 PM by palistov.)
01-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(01-24-2012, 10:02 PM)palistov Wrote: Start > Right click on Computer > Manage.
Search left side for Device Manager, click on it.
Click on Display Adapters. Your video card (which I'm venturing a guess will be a chipset) will be listed there.

As for the level editor crash. Are you making sure the HPL suite is installed inside the Amnesia root? Also, try re-installing and/or posting your Level Editor log here. The HPL log records crashes from Amnesia.exe I believe. To find your level editor log go to:

My Documents > HPL2 > LevelEditor.txt

Post it here inside spoiler tags [ spoiler ] <LOG> [ /spoiler ] and maybe one of the gurus around can help ya out Smile
I don't believe it will be a chipset, otherwise the game itself wouldn't work, would it?

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
01-25-2012, 03:32 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(01-25-2012, 03:32 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: I don't believe it will be a chipset, otherwise the game itself wouldn't work, would it?

The level editor makes use of system calls that the game doesn't. If the graphics card (drivers) don't support these calls, the level editor won't work.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
01-25-2012, 07:56 AM
Website Find