Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extra_english.lang file problems [help]
trollox Offline

Threads: 16
Extra_english.lang file problems [help]

Hi formus! I need help.. For some reason the desc and the item pick up name of my keys on the second map don't work after i typed them into the .lang file for some reason. I mean the whole lang file works everything is running like it should but the desc and the pick up name is just tagged matchine room key. I wonder do you have to chance anything in the .lang file if there's a second map? i know this might sound newbish. But it's my first mod and i need help :/

Trollox
01-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Extra_english.lang file problems [help]

Seems like you dont know/ or forgot to hit enter once you typed in the CustomSubItemTypeName...

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
01-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

(01-22-2012, 11:44 AM)trollox Wrote: Hi formus! I need help.. For some reason the desc and the item pick up name of my keys on the second map don't work after i typed them into the .lang file for some reason. I mean the whole lang file works everything is running like it should but the desc and the pick up name is just tagged matchine room key. I wonder do you have to chance anything in the .lang file if there's a second map? i know this might sound newbish. But it's my first mod and i need help :/

Trollox
Post the entire .lang file.

01-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Find
trollox Offline

Here's the .Lang file flamez3 :

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">In this mod you're playing as Ken who lives in a fancy mansion. Ken just got up from bed and is heading for work. But is he awake or not? look around you and decide for your self.Have fun.. but don't trust anything.. [br][br]Thanks for helping me with this mod Piokalopi and flamez3. With out you guys this mod wouldn't have existed. [br][br]This is my first Amnesia mod ever , so please leave feedback about what you thought about it , or what you would like me to add/change.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name ="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_note1_Name">Welcome to your nighmare</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note1_Text">You just woke up didn't you? well you got a long jurny ahead of you. Take skully and get out of here fast!</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note2_Name">Almost there</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note2_Text">If you're reading this note that means you've survied so far. You're almost there, keep on progessing.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note3_Name">Behind you</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note3_Text">I think you should have a look behind you</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note4_Name">Keep on moving</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note4_Text">So you survived? Well another challange is yet to come. There's a secret bonus level hidden somewhere in the map.You must find it!</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note5_Name">Disco</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_note5_Text">Flying jesus approves TO DISCO!!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_study_10">To the dream land(good and evil)</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_study_10">a dream</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_study_11">The key that leads to the third door.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_study_11">key to the third door</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

I'm suppose to have 2 more keys and desc for them and from what i understand it should be the same as with notes? just add the itemname for it and creat desc for it and once picked up.
01-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Find
EmmetVG Offline

Threads: 7

Is the key named key_study_11 in the CustomSubItemTypeName?

01-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Find
trollox Offline

No worries emmetVG i was just being silly.... there wasn't any acutally problems i was just being stupid.
But i got it working in the end. Thanks guys.
01-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Find