Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could someone please write a proper tutorial on importing the flashlight into an FC ?
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
Could someone please write a proper tutorial on importing the flashlight into an FC ?

Honestly, it's bad enough the wiki lacks a proper tutorial on how to start a full conversion (I had to search elsewhere), but it's even more annoying that the flashlight models (both the new one and the modded Penumbra one) still have no installation tutorial whatsoever ! Dodgy

You know, it's better to actually make a tutorial than to decide people should be left to figure it out on their own (and very probably mess up their entire install, even if they use custom folders and custom configs). I've been searching the forums for days now and I've had zero results for any useful info on getting a flashlight into ones' FC.

Sorry if I sound a bit overly critical, but certain frequently adressed questions about modding should be put into a single troubleshooting sticky. We'd avoid a gazillion threads asking the same questions all over again, including this thread. Sad

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2012, 12:05 AM by Petike.)
01-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Could someone please write a proper tutorial on importing the flashlight into an FC ?

(01-23-2012, 12:04 AM)Petike Wrote: I've been searching the forums for days now and I've had zero results for any useful info on getting a flashlight into ones' FC.

Because we can't spoon-feed everyone answers. some things are left to learn on their own. I learned how to do this with NO instruction, only another CS that had it to compare with and got it. And if you had been looking for days, you should have seen my thread.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-12391.html

Enjoy.

01-23-2012, 12:17 AM
Find
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
RE: Could someone please write a proper tutorial on importing the flashlight into an FC ?

(01-23-2012, 12:17 AM)Statyk Wrote: Because we can't spoon-feed everyone answers. some things are left to learn on their own. I learned how to do this with NO instruction, only another CS that had it to compare with and got it. And if you had been looking for days, you should have seen my thread.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-12391.html

Enjoy.

Thank you ! Smile

Dammit, I could've sworn I saw that thread earlier. Undecided Blush

If you don't mind, I'll try adding your tutorial to the wiki once I'm finished with my flashlight test (if the tut isn't already there). It's the least I could do return the favour.

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2012, 12:57 AM by Petike.)
01-23-2012, 12:55 AM
Find