Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
Oblivion: Drops Of Wine
zeexto Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Oblivion: Drops Of Wine

(01-23-2012, 09:16 PM)Risachan Wrote: I have no idea where the lantern is !
Spoiler below!
I found the cells and the water monster before the mansion, and i know there is a note under many rocks but the door is locked and i can't jump over it.
I think i'll have to play the rest of the level without that lantern D:.
If you haven't found the lantern yet

the lantern can be found:

Spoiler below!
are you sure you don't want to look more...?

Spoiler below!
alright... just before you enter the mansion, simply look up!

[Image: 18548.png]

01-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Website Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(01-23-2012, 08:02 PM)zeexto Wrote: . wait, did you finish it without the lantern ?!

the end yes, it was a HARD map to make... "like troll area" <-- Big GrinDDDDD

yes, i did.

sometimes i need to rise level of gamma to max, there are dark places . very dark Smile
anyway it +++ atmosphere Exclamation
01-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

I finished this story without lantern real mens doesn't need lanterns Big Grin

“Life is a game, play it”
01-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Find
Risachan Offline

Threads: 0

(01-23-2012, 09:30 PM)zeexto Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 09:16 PM)Risachan Wrote: I have no idea where the lantern is !
Spoiler below!
I found the cells and the water monster before the mansion, and i know there is a note under many rocks but the door is locked and i can't jump over it.
I think i'll have to play the rest of the level without that lantern D:.

If you haven't found the lantern yet

the lantern can be found:

Spoiler below!
are you sure you don't want to look more...?

Spoiler below!
alright... just before you enter the mansion, simply look up!

[Image: tumblr_ly64rjDWhL1r6kkcmo5_250.gif]

Anyway.. I finished it , i have to say i didn't see the harmless hallucination ,simply because when i read the word 'wheelchair' i turned back and never went back to that place.

So..
It was a pretty custom Story
  • Spoiler below!
    There were some textures problems which, sometimes, were quite wierd. As in the room in the mansion ,we could see what was behind the wall.

Outside, When I jumped in the water I could see the cells from under. And I have to say !

By doing that it triggered a message which said 'yeah i'll better cover it with stones then'. But I forgot to use some boxes to climb over the cell so.. I'll start the level again >D.

Either way , I got way too immersed in that level. The notes were freaking me out ,so good job on that!
    But , there were 4 levers in the room before the race. They didn't seem to work. Did they have a purpose?

As for the Race , I have to say it made me laugh. I wasn't expecting that at all and the music really got me in the mood.

Let's wait for the next Chapter then! 4/5 .

01-24-2012, 12:13 AM
Find
Dynomite33 Offline

Damn that was good. 10/10 bravo
the lantern was a bit tricky to spot, i had to restart do to an item glitch and i looked up, and there on a wall lamp was the latern

If life gives you lemons, give them back and demand chocolate
snf*~scoutillite
01-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Find
zeexto Offline

@Dark Knight
The Last part had NO light what so ever, Did you use the supplies ???

@HumiliatioN
Risachan made it as well Big Grin

@Risachan
gif <-- Big GrinDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
What was your first thoughts when you entered the last map without a lantern?
I would have paid a fortune just to see you playing the mod!
Spoiler below!
There is no wheelchair.. I just wanted to point out how our minds are the source
of our fears...

The Texture problems are probably because of some overlapping in some areas, it’s
very hard to fix after I've finished the map and the furniture and
everything...

which room was it? where you could see behind the wall...?

WHY would you jump in the water? you weren't supposed to jump.... yet!

the cell is unlocked by the "Prison Key" which is hidden in a place
that you'll love!

Thanks! But are you referring to the Notes or the "thoughts" that
appears on the screen?

The Last Area was actually based on the music, and if you perform a perfect
run, then the jumps will be beautifully synchronized with the music.
Thank you very much for your feedback Smile

@Dynomite33
A perfect score!! Thanks man.. I'm glad you enjoyed it Smile
and well done for finding the Lantern

THANK YOU ALL FOR PLAYING Big Grin
I can't believe I forgot to put that in the credits >:O

01-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Website Find
Dark Knight Offline

(01-24-2012, 01:33 PM)zeexto Wrote: @Dark Knight
The Last part had NO light what so ever, Did you use the supplies ???
no.
further - I ran with all the dope blindly at random
that was really amazing Big Grin
01-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Find
zico Offline

Threads: 4

Hello zeexto,

I am playing the story right now and I am totally stunned. Actually I had an idea for something very similar to what you did there recently. And I am so happy playing this right now. Best custom story EVER (in my humble opinion).

Right now I am "stuck" in the Lab - i.e. have no idea what to do. But I do not even know wether I should ask for a hint. I have so much fun exploring and experimenting.

I have no idea if you plan to continue the story (dunnoo if the story will come to a finish) but if you plan to, please do that. Big Grin

Thank you for this awesome mod!

EDIT:
I did it. I found the solution in the Lab (was obviously TOO obvious for me to recognize... loved it, felt good when I found it. Big Grin).
And I finished the story. DUDE! You GOTTA continue that!

But I have some questions that still are stck in my mind:
Spoiler below!

1) When entering the second map you gotta pull some levers to open the door to the "dangerous" and very funny area. You know.. where you stuck up with all the equipment. Now above this area there's a lever inside a cell. I managed to get up in that cell and pulled th elever but it did not seem to do anything. The door to the new area already was open after the first three - easily to reach - levers. So what was the fourth for?

2) All these keys you find in the second drawer... are these for something? I did not pick them all up since I worried overflooding my inventory.

3) In the second floor of the mansion there is the left door - on the opposite side of the storage - I could NEVER open that one - is there a way?

Again thank you for this AWESOME mod.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2012, 02:05 AM by zico.)
01-25-2012, 01:17 AM
Find
zeexto Offline

@zico

I'm glad that you liked it…

while playing Amnesia I just wished for a similar story to focus more on exploring, and so I made that custom story… the irony is that I’m the only one who didn’t enjoy it Big Grin

It always feels good when I hear that someone was stuck in some place because it’s too short. The plan was to make a story that takes the player into a series of different events but I got busy with work and study so
I decided to postpone everything… but then I received some nice comments on moddb site, So I completed the third map and rapped everything and uploaded it... The problem now is that the second part of the story simply isn’t about exploring... So how can I attract people to something doesn’t have the reason of attraction
in the first place?

But don’t worry because I’m working on that… But of course
this is all to happen in next holiday.

Spoiler below!
1. Really?? The door was unlocked after the third lever? It was supposed to stay locked until all four levers are activated..

2. Those keys were distraction… just a reminder that sometimes everything just isn’t enough Big Grin

3. Not now Tongue

Thanks a lot for Playing zico and thanks for your feedback Smile

01-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Website Find
zico Offline

Threads: 4

I really liked the second part of the map. It wasn't the "usual" stuff. I am always so scared from monsters... I play the game for months now and I get panic each time I even HEAR a monster. This one made a good twist. I loved the dynamic of the last part. It was actually really funny - but in a very good way.

And I feel absolutely the same about exploring. I miss that in many other stories. As written here:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-12682.html

Your had much of what I had in mind and so I am happy I found it.
Not to mention that your backstory was very interesting. I'd love to see some kind of interaction in the continuation.

To explain that lemme do this in a spoiler:
Spoiler below!

I would think that in the next part you find out you are not number six. maybe you are already number 223 or so. But you do not know since so far you have not seen letters from them because of twists nin the travelling (not thought this through completely so far). And I would LOVE if it would be possible if you could be... multiple persons... i.e. you do something but you'll die in the process and the next "yourself" can proceed due to your doings. Your story already showed this but you never "played" the former selfs.. I would be interested in doing this. A bit like Ocarina of Time or such...

Of course these are just ideas... I do not wanna override your ideas and I have no idea if what I wish would be even possible with the engine.

About my first question again:
Spoiler below!

I am really not sure how I managed to "cheat" here. Maybe it was because I played around with the levers a lot. Moved them up and down in no particular order since I was not sure wether the way of pulling was important. Maybe it's also because I use the Linux version of Amnesia and part of the script was parsed incorrectly maybe.

But just to be clear:
Do door that was opening was the one directly besides the lever in the "hub room" of this map... I wasn't too sure since I did not check wether the fouth lever might have opened the exit out of this map... Since I obviously did not check that last door before pulling all levers to see what would happen.

So if the exit door (which leads to the monsters) was supposed to open by the levers - forget what I said. ^^

Anyway thanks again for this story. I had much fun with it.
I'll keep an eye for all your updates.

And of course I rated the thread as well.
01-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Find