Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intel, y u no.....Why? ;~;
Ikya Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Intel, y u no.....Why? ;~;

Alright, It's pretty obvious we've got a few threads floating around about Intel integrated graphics... But I've yet to have someone make sense of my problem yet. I don't know, I kinda make it my business to run games on pc fossils that just AREN'T supposed to handle it. (TES:Oblivion on a P4; 2.2Ghz , 512 mb of RAM.) Now, I've gotten a pretty decent laptop in my paws. Core 2 Duo, 2.54 Ghz, 4074 mb of RAM, and...-drumroll- The Express 4 Family intergrated chipset. Obviously, this isin't SUPPOSED to run Amnesia. However, I've been flexing the limbs on this laptop recently, lo an behold, I've got unmodded Skyrim (ya know, the Bethesda eyecandy?) clocking 25~35 fps on medium/high settings. People have been talking alot about my chipset not supporting Open GL 2.1, but good lord. I've never been stumped this hard on why I can't play a game I should be mauling the graphics on to enhance them. I obviously hate taking "no, you just cant run this" for an answer. Anyone have a different answer on what makes GL/Amnesia so special and some mile-long workaround to get this S.O.B working? Obviously I've made SURE that my drivers are updated, hardware is optimized, and tried many-a-thing such as "3d Analyze". I've been doing a semi-lethal amount of face -> desk. I'm getting a headache. Help? T^T
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2012, 03:13 PM by Ikya.)
01-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Intel, y u no.....Why? ;~;

It's a problem with Intel's drivers for Windows machines. On Linux the same chip manages to run the game with the proper drivers.
01-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Any news if Intel is going to try and fix the drivers for Windows?

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
01-24-2012, 03:22 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

no idea, check Intel.com
01-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Find