Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Request Storyline
BitGuy Offline

Threads: 6
Storyline

Hi!

Spent latest 4 Months learning the "Hpl-Engine"
I know the full scripting-language and mapping and want to create a good creepy about 30 Minute exciting story containing puzzles, scary events, but it needs a good storyline which makes the player want to continue playing.
I cant think of anything good, i dont want to copy another custom story´s Story.

Please reply if you know a good story that you would like to be created!
Of course, if i descide to use the story you post, you will be mentioned in the Credits.

That´s pretty much it. Thanks for reading.

Please add My skype, Fiskarbengtson (; _:BROFIST:_

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2012, 07:16 PM by BitGuy.)
01-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Find
LoneWolfGen Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Storyline

I can absolutely help you make a storyline! I just can't use any of the engines. I can also make letters, do a voice or two, etc. Thanks!

LoneWolfGen (Josh Demon)

"Now leave me alone, I am off to destroy your brother!" - Christopher Titus
03-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(01-23-2012, 07:08 PM)BitGuy Wrote: Hi!

Spent latest 4 Months learning the "Hpl-Engine"
I know the full scripting-language and mapping and want to create a good creepy about 30 Minute exciting story containing puzzles, scary events, but it needs a good storyline which makes the player want to continue playing.
I cant think of anything good, i dont want to copy another custom story´s Story.

Please reply if you know a good story that you would like to be created!
Of course, if i descide to use the story you post, you will be mentioned in the Credits.

That´s pretty much it. Thanks for reading.

Please add My skype, Fiskarbengtson (; _:BROFIST:_
There was once appon a time a elf that lived in the florest, the elf likes turtles and does things to little girls... but one day he woke up in a cave for no good reason... so he kept going and going trough the darkness... there he found a nugget... so, the elf picked it up... and as he gave the first bite... a flying dead glowing cropse that died because he was dead said "luke!!! i am your father's corpse!!!" the elf screamed whit all his might! and ran away!!! the corpse kept on following him as he kept saying "JAAASON!!!", but luckly the elf picked up a giant purple dildo and managed to kick his father's dead flying corpse that died because it was dead to the ground! he still kept screaming "JAAASON!!!" but he could not manage to follow you any more for he was dead now... as the elf kept on advancing on the cave he saw a light at the end of a tunnel... excited, he run as fast as he could to the end of that crazy place... but then he realised that the light was much more near then before... even to the fact he was running really fast... has he stopped to check that strange happaning... he heard a train sound... and so he realised he was on a subway all this time! and a train was whit all its speed to a collision corse whit the elf!!! the elf ran and ran as fast has he could... but he didn't managed to ran as fast as he did before for he was really tired from the stupid running he as done before... tired, he fell and slamed his head on the floor... confused he tryes to get up... but the train was too close for the elfe to escape from, has the last seconds of his life were passing he noticed there was a troll face in the front of the train! a tear came out of the elfs left eye as he heard the train say "Problem?"... the next second... the elfe was dead...

Custom story material here!!!! any one? does any one want this piece of garbage materpiece?
any one?
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2012, 12:07 AM by Danny Boy.)
03-19-2012, 12:04 AM
Website Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

The story revolves around a cursed man (the player). He must drink an elixir every night the clock strikes twelve, or he will be turned into a monster. The custom story is set in a large mansion, which cycles through night/daytime. A strange man comes to live with the player and, as a result, on the day he moves in with the player, the player falls asleep on his couch being awakened by the clock striking three in the night. He has forgotten to drink the elixir!

He quickly hurries to the place where the elixir is stored and drinks it. Nothing seems wrong at the start, but as the story moves forward the player is plagued with visions of monsters and the stranger laughing crazily. The daytime becomes "a game" of avoiding the stranger living in his house, yet he doesn't have the option to leave (elixir cannot be moved from the house) or tell him about his secret. He simply waits for the stranger to leave.

The visions become more and more intense, with the player often finding his home in disarray in the daytime. Meanwhile he's struck with paranoid thoughts that the stranger is trying to turn him into the monster, almost as if he knew his secret. One night, while the visions are plauging him he can't bear it anymore and rushes into the strangers room. He finds the man lying dead on the floor, with flies surrounding his body. It all dawns on the player then.

That night when he forgot to drink the elixir he was "half-turned" into the monster. The visions and gaps in his memory are created by the attempts of the monster side of him when it tries to take control of his body. During one of the moments when the monster controlled him he killed the stranger living in his house. Since then, the sounds of the stranger in the daytime are simply created by his intense paranoid delusions.

The story won't contain any monsters, but will instead rely heavily on sounds, shadows (create gobos), particle effects, psyches, lightning effects, speech and so forth.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

03-19-2012, 03:02 AM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

(03-19-2012, 03:02 AM)Acies Wrote: The story revolves around a cursed man (the player). He must drink an elixir every night the clock strikes twelve, or he will be turned into a monster. The custom story is set in a large mansion, which cycles through night/daytime. A strange man comes to live with the player and, as a result, on the day he moves in with the player, the player falls asleep on his couch being awakened by the clock striking three in the night. He has forgotten to drink the elixir!

He quickly hurries to the place where the elixir is stored and drinks it. Nothing seems wrong at the start, but as the story moves forward the player is plagued with visions of monsters and the stranger laughing crazily. The daytime becomes "a game" of avoiding the stranger living in his house, yet he doesn't have the option to leave (elixir cannot be moved from the house) or tell him about his secret. He simply waits for the stranger to leave.

The visions become more and more intense, with the player often finding his home in disarray in the daytime. Meanwhile he's struck with paranoid thoughts that the stranger is trying to turn him into the monster, almost as if he knew his secret. One night, while the visions are plauging him he can't bear it anymore and rushes into the strangers room. He finds the man lying dead on the floor, with flies surrounding his body. It all dawns on the player then.

That night when he forgot to drink the elixir he was "half-turned" into the monster. The visions and gaps in his memory are created by the attempts of the monster side of him when it tries to take control of his body. During one of the moments when the monster controlled him he killed the stranger living in his house. Since then, the sounds of the stranger in the daytime are simply created by his intense paranoid delusions.

The story won't contain any monsters, but will instead rely heavily on sounds, shadows (create gobos), particle effects, psyches, lightning effects, speech and so forth.

I like that idea.I am currently working on 1 custom story but i decided that i would start making another one too.So i am now looking for ideas on my new custom story.Can you make up a new storyline.U would be credited :/

03-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

A new storyline? Why?

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

03-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Find
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13

When people start working on another project while working on one, they usually both fail...
Take your time and work on one story, one project and make a very good one and when you're finished and happy with the results work on another project.
Take it as a friendly suggestion as many times I started a different work the old one was forgotten and put aside.
03-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

(03-23-2012, 09:31 PM)Acies Wrote: A new storyline? Why?
I dunno.I wanna start making another one too(i will not abandon the one im currently working on).

03-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

(03-19-2012, 12:04 AM)Danarogon Wrote: *wall of text*

Custom story material here!!!! any one? does any one want this piece of garbage materpiece?
any one?
If you're going to troll, learn to spell.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
03-25-2012, 01:09 AM
Find
ThoseRandomGuyz Offline

Threads: 2

I actually have a great (in my mind) idea! I will send it to you after I look at your custom stories, and since mine would be rather short, you can (and please do, because I have no idea on how to script!) make my idea into a custom story. But please don't do it now, I just want you to take your time on the first ones. And if I like them (your first custom stories), then I will send you my story idea! Does that sound good?

I will review all of your custom stories (when I find time!)!
03-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Find