Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler Dogs get revived + question
blackdawg47 Offline

Threads: 3
Dogs get revived + question

When I encountered the first dog, when you first descend into the mine, I killed it with the hammer. It was 100% dead because the music stopped and there were no more dog growls. So, I could go to the storage room without having to avoid anything. When I unlocked the door at the middle of the map, however, Philip says he should barricade it so the dog won't be able to get in. But I killed the dog! Hah, I don't need any barricade - bullsh*t! The dog just popped in as if I never killed it. Now that's very unrealistic, especially for the easy difficulty. I think dogs are respawned everytime you leave and reenter an area...

And my question is: considering the fact that Philip was trapped in the mine for more than a year, what did he eat and drink? He just had a backpack...not enough room for a whole year's meal. And even if we consider he ate 24-hour ration packs or beef jerkys, what about the water?
12-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Dogs get revived + question

The dogs actually come back to life after a couple seconds after you kill them. They actually die permanently after killing it the second or third time. I believe that this happens because they seem possessed and/or mutated. So it takes a lot of attacking to kill them.

12-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Website Find
Oscar House Offline

(12-19-2012, 07:26 PM)blackdawg47 Wrote: When I encountered the first dog, when you first descend into the mine, I killed it with the hammer. It was 100% dead because the music stopped and there were no more dog growls. So, I could go to the storage room without having to avoid anything. When I unlocked the door at the middle of the map, however, Philip says he should barricade it so the dog won't be able to get in. But I killed the dog! Hah, I don't need any barricade - bullsh*t! The dog just popped in as if I never killed it. Now that's very unrealistic, especially for the easy difficulty. I think dogs are respawned everytime you leave and reenter an area...

And my question is: considering the fact that Philip was trapped in the mine for more than a year, what did he eat and drink? He just had a backpack...not enough room for a whole year's meal. And even if we consider he ate 24-hour ration packs or beef jerkys, what about the water?
It's definitely not respawning. It's just a second dog.
Also, a year? Did it really take that long? It couldn't have been more than a few weeks, surely?

(12-19-2012, 07:35 PM)TheBlastPassage Wrote: The dogs actually come back to life after a couple seconds after you kill them. They actually die permanently after killing it the second or third time. I believe that this happens because they seem possessed and/or mutated. So it takes a lot of attacking to kill them.
Nnnnooo, it just takes more than one hammer blow to kill a dog.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
12-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Threads: 18

Yea, that's what I'm saying. In order to make one of the dogs die for a second, you need to hit it a couple times. I'm actually not sure how many times it takes with the hammer because I always attack them with the pickaxe Tongue

12-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Website Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Dogs dont come back to life, there's just a second dog there that arrives.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
12-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Find
blackdawg47 Offline

(12-19-2012, 09:12 PM)Oscar House Wrote: It's definitely not respawning. It's just a second dog.
Also, a year? Did it really take that long? It couldn't have been more than a few weeks, surely?
The music stopped for the entire area after I killed the dog, so there cannot be a second dog + I went to check the corpse of the dog after leaving the storage room and it was gone.
Well, it wasn't a year, my bad, but: Philip's story begins on February 2000. He said it took him ALMOST a year to book the last flight he would ever take. The picture showed the airport covered in snow, so the date of the flight is at most January 2001. And, in BP it says May 2001. That's more than 3 months, which is still more than a human can handle dehydrated (A human resists only 3-5 days without drinking in ideal conditions!).

Well, it's not that I really wanna say something with my post...I love the game and Frictional Games. These dog & water questions were just for my curiosity Big Grin
12-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Find
Earthykiller127 Offline

Threads: 10

its trolling you
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJVC-o3eEwWZ0TtM9Uj8J...cGRDQWh1jA]

I'll make it short
I am
Spoiler below!
Black ☆ Rock Shooter
12-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Website Find
EpiqueSauce Offline

Threads: 4

(12-19-2012, 07:26 PM)blackdawg47 Wrote: When I encountered the first dog, when you first descend into the mine, I killed it with the hammer. It was 100% dead because the music stopped and there were no more dog growls. So, I could go to the storage room without having to avoid anything. When I unlocked the door at the middle of the map, however, Philip says he should barricade it so the dog won't be able to get in. But I killed the dog! Hah, I don't need any barricade - bullsh*t! The dog just popped in as if I never killed it. Now that's very unrealistic, especially for the easy difficulty. I think dogs are respawned everytime you leave and reenter an area...

As someone who has had issues with these darn dogs let me tell you that they don't come back to life. I've made sure. Double tab and everything!

I'm pretty sure that the dog breaking down the door was an inevitable cut scene.
01-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Find