Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increase volume for a sound?
Shadowfied Offline

Threads: 34
Increase volume for a sound?

I'm making an area with a scare_react.snt sound but there are other sounds around so the react sound is barely heard. Is there anyway to increase this with scripts or do I have to make a new .snt file and edit the volume?

I really think there should be an option for the volume in sound effects like there are for music, but I guess that's because the volume is already set in the .snt file..

Current - Castle Darkuan
Other - F*cked Map
01-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Increase volume for a sound?

Yeah. Go find the sound file in the Amnesia folders. Copy it and name it differently. In this case, something like 'scare_react_shadowfied.snt' would work. Then open the file up in your text editor and modify its radius and/or volume. Change your script to play this new sound. Just make sure you include this sound in your custom story files so when people play it they'll hear the sound.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2012, 03:25 PM by palistov.)
01-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Find
Shadowfied Offline

(01-26-2012, 03:25 PM)palistov Wrote: Yeah. Go find the sound file in the Amnesia folders. Copy it and name it differently. In this case, something like 'scare_react_shadowfied.snt' would work. Then open the file up in your text editor and modify its radius and/or volume. Change your script to play this new sound. Just make sure you include this sound in your custom story files so when people play it they'll hear the sound.
Yeah. I've done this previously, thanks though.

Do I need to include the file for the sound effect too or is the .snt enough?

Current - Castle Darkuan
Other - F*cked Map
01-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Nah. The .snt is a sound properties file, it just changes the way the actual sound is played. You shouldn't need to copy the .ogg file along with the .snt file.

01-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Find
Shadowfied Offline

Alright. Will find out later when I test it on my other computers.

Current - Castle Darkuan
Other - F*cked Map
01-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Find