Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SCRIPT HELP]Need advice
Dobbydoo Offline

Threads: 6
RE: [SCRIPT HELP]Need advice

(01-29-2012, 03:19 PM)flamez3 Wrote:
(01-29-2012, 02:41 PM)darkadders Wrote: spoken like a true immature child.. no offense, i was tryin to bump you in the right direction on scripting and what people like on this forum. didnt expect a child to understand what i meant though. good luck with this amazing mod of yours.
He has a point, it's his mod; he needed help...I don't see how you could come to the conclusion that he is looking for criticism.

Also; "bumping" him in the right direction would offer him another idea...not cursing and mocking him.
It does say in the title that he needs advice, so there is no reason that people shouldn't tell him that jump scares like that are dumb and boring.
So here's my advice. If you wan't a jumpscare like that, then ok. But instead of just making it appear from nothing, try to make it more realistic. Make it fall out of a locker or something. Or even better, make it subtle, so that player suddenly spots it when it has been in the room for a while. For example, spawn it in a bed, sitting and staring at the player, so that when they turn around they will wonder how long he has been there, and if they maybe hasn't noticed it before.

01-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

It clearly says [SCRIPT HELP] Need advice. -__-

01-30-2012, 03:21 AM
Find
Shadowfied Offline

Threads: 34

The reason most people need help with jumpscares now though is cause they wanna make custom stories for PewDiePie. I seriously think some PewDiePie elite-fanboy should open their own forum and ideas about using the HPL engine for the most stupid reasons, where PewDiePie is free to inspire kids to learn developing custom stories but utilizing what they learn to make something immature and stupid so that a grow up man can go around and talk to chairs and statues or whatnot.

Current - Castle Darkuan
Other - F*cked Map
01-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

I seriously think every one should shut up and leave this thread alone. This forum already gets enough pewdie/pewdie fan bashing. It has no place here or honestly anywhere in the forum. This thread was made for helping him with a script. We helped him; now get over it and move along ffs.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2012, 09:12 AM by flamez3.)
01-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

(01-30-2012, 09:12 AM)flamez3 Wrote: I seriously think every one should shut up and leave this thread alone. This forum already gets enough pewdie/pewdie fan bashing. It has no place here or honestly anywhere in the forum. This thread was made for helping him with a script. We helped him; now get over it and move along ffs.
EXACTLY!
01-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Find
Shadowman60 Offline

Threads: 2

(01-29-2012, 03:19 PM)flamez3 Wrote:
(01-29-2012, 02:41 PM)darkadders Wrote: [CENSORED DUE TO BUTTHURTERY]

He has a point, it's his mod; he needed help...I don't see how you could come to the conclusion that he is looking for criticism.

Also; "bumping" him in the right direction would offer him another idea...not cursing and mocking him.

Thank you. Smile

(01-30-2012, 08:45 AM)Shadowfied Wrote: The reason most people need help with jumpscares now though is cause they wanna make custom stories for PewDiePie. I seriously think some PewDiePie elite-fanboy should open their own forum and ideas about using the HPL engine for the most stupid reasons, where PewDiePie is free to inspire kids to learn developing custom stories but utilizing what they learn to make something immature and stupid so that a grow up man can go around and talk to chairs and statues or whatnot.
Actually, this mod isn't for PewDiePie.

Yeah, I'm not going to use the jump scare.
Now, how do you make a hanged body? Is there a "rope" i can put around his neck?
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2012, 05:48 PM by Shadowman60.)
02-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

Hate to bump a 2 month old topic, but there is an entity of a man hanging from a rope, no need to make one.

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Website Find