Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 3.78 Average
Killings In Altstadt -Custom story/Full conversion-
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Killings In Altstadt -Custom story/Full conversion-

(04-04-2012, 01:28 PM)Rnardin123 Wrote:
(03-12-2012, 06:50 PM)Measuring Wrote:
(03-12-2012, 06:46 PM)Rnardin123 Wrote: Can you please tell me what programme did you use to make boris's hat???
You can use any image editing program. Then i created a .mat file with the material editor. Then added the .mat file as a billboard in the model editor, linked it to his head bone.

Smile
can you please tell me the name???
He already did, the material editor...

Posting Freak
04-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Website Find
Rnardin123 Offline

Threads: 3

but i need a billboard to create that .mat file. if i want to make a deadmau5 head, where can i get the 2D structure??
04-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Find
Measuring Offline

Threads: 16

Google or draw it yourself...
(04-07-2012, 11:10 AM)Rnardin123 Wrote: but i need a billboard to create that .mat file. if i want to make a deadmau5 head, where can i get the 2D structure??

The Facility
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt
04-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Find
Rnardin123 Offline

Threads: 3

(04-07-2012, 03:07 PM)Measuring Wrote: Google or draw it yourself...
(04-07-2012, 11:10 AM)Rnardin123 Wrote: but i need a billboard to create that .mat file. if i want to make a deadmau5 head, where can i get the 2D structure??
is paint good???
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2012, 11:00 AM by Rnardin123.)
04-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

^I think he said 'any editing program', so I guess paint would work.

Spoiler below!
I'm stuck in the dungeon under the inn, there you use a hammer to break a wall. The door behind it is locked, so I don't know what to do.Tried the crowbar on all doors Tongue Also I didn't spend enough money, I didn't know how much I had so I just bought one medium oil >.<. Nice idea on the money thing though.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
04-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Find
Measuring Offline

(04-11-2012, 03:06 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote: ^I think he said 'any editing program', so I guess paint would work.

Spoiler below!
I'm stuck in the dungeon under the inn, there you use a hammer to break a wall. The door behind it is locked, so I don't know what to do.Tried the crowbar on all doors Tongue Also I didn't spend enough money, I didn't know how much I had so I just bought one medium oil >.<. Nice idea on the money thing though.
Spoiler below!
If you go inte the room of the Wall you just broke, there is a bucket with a key underneath Smile

The Facility
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt
04-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Thanks!

I tried that and it worked- but then I ran into a new problem >.<
Spoiler below!
After the second shop I come out in some kind of room with a dead guy sitting on a chair behind a desk. This is where I freeze, though the game is still working. I can press exit and leave the game, and I can see the animations of the fire working so it's not really frozen. I can't move or access my inventory though Sad Or am I supposed to wait longer? Doesn't look like it's a cutscene or anything.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
04-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Find
Measuring Offline

(04-11-2012, 11:07 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote: Thanks!

I tried that and it worked- but then I ran into a new problem >.<
Spoiler below!
After the second shop I come out in some kind of room with a dead guy sitting on a chair behind a desk. This is where I freeze, though the game is still working. I can press exit and leave the game, and I can see the animations of the fire working so it's not really frozen. I can't move or access my inventory though Sad Or am I supposed to wait longer? Doesn't look like it's a cutscene or anything.
You probably didn't install it correctly. Could you hear Boris voice in the shop? If you could not, then you need to reinstall!

The Facility
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt
04-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

I just put the custom story folder in my custom stories folder :o Is that wrong? I'm kinda new to this.

And no, I didn't hear a voice.

04-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Find
ThoseRandomGuyz Offline

Threads: 2

(04-12-2012, 08:02 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote: I just put the custom story folder in my custom stories folder :o Is that wrong? I'm kinda new to this.

And no, I didn't hear a voice.
It's okay, but just be sure you place all of the similar folders in the same place. For example, if you download it and it is in a redist folder, I open it up, highlight all of it, and move it into my personal redist folder. Just be sure to combine them (it will ask you to do so). If it doesn't show up in a redist folder, like let's say they have a custom_stories folder and entities and config folders (just as an example), you highlight them and then drag all of them into the area in your redist folder (or wherever the folders with the same names are). And as before, when it asks to combine the folders, do so. Hope this helps! Big Grin
And if you still have trouble, make your own thread in the trouble-shooting section or off-topic section.

I will review all of your custom stories (when I find time!)!
04-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Find