Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Lang File Help Custom languages
Measuring Offline

Threads: 16
Custom languages

Hey! Can you make your own .lang files with a language that is not supported in the original Amnesia?
It's for a full conversion btw. Tongue

Greetz,
Measuring

The Facility
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt
02-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Custom languages

Possibly. Full conversions have the ability to specify which lang file to use, but don't expect the user to be able to select it from a drop-down list.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Website Find
Measuring Offline

Threads: 16

Oh, i would want it be selected as every other language. But i guess that is not possible then Sad
(02-02-2012, 03:52 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Possibly. Full conversions have the ability to specify which lang file to use, but don't expect the user to be able to select it from a drop-down list.

The Facility
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt
02-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Find
Zjurc Offline

Threads: 8

It JUST might be possible. as far as I know .lang files don't actually care what's the text - so if you switch language to Russian, .lang will THINK it will show Russian but instead it will show another language you wrote.

So, for example you can select Spanish, and it will show... idk, Hungarian. If you wrote Hungarian in your extra_spanish.lang of course.
(idk if Spanish or Russian exist in the game, these are just plain examples)

02-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Find