Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voice acting problems, HELP!
trollox Offline

Threads: 16
Voice acting problems, HELP!

Okay so i'm doing some voice acting for a custom story that'll soon be released. And i'm recording it with audacity. And for som reason there's a small buzz coming from my microphone.I need help to remove that, And i know that there's a lot of voice actros /moders on this formus and i know you can help me. If there's any other program that's better then audiacity then tell me. If there'sa way to remove it inside of adacity then tell me.
I'll try anything.

Trollox.
02-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26
RE: Voice acting problems, HELP!

(02-03-2012, 04:53 PM)trollox Wrote: Okay so i'm doing some voice acting for a custom story that'll soon be released. And i'm recording it with audacity. And for som reason there's a small buzz coming from my microphone.I need help to remove that, And i know that there's a lot of voice actros /moders on this formus and i know you can help me. If there's any other program that's better then audiacity then tell me. If there'sa way to remove it inside of adacity then tell me.
I'll try anything.

Trollox.
try noise removal Smile

here's a link on how to use it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlKX6p85R2M

02-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

SilentStriker has probably said all thats needs to be said.... BUT, depending on your microphone even with Noise Removal, you may still get a tiny amount of background noise.

Another useful thing is to have the 1.3 Beta of Audacity which is also free if you don't already use it. The only difference really is that when removing noise, you have more options of what you want to be removing. I prefer it like that as I found with the older version of Audacity that sometimes it wouldn't do a great job e.g. robotic sounds and still has background noise.

You may also want to altar some of your microphones settings to get the best sound quality for recording too if you can. Like removing special effects for music and so on.

Hope this helped Wink

[Image: luv.gif]
02-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Find
trollox Offline

Yeah i was some guides on this before aswell but for some reason i really don't have that function in my audacity. I could put on the live stream to show you. If you're willing to help me out.
02-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

I think i'm allowed to post this link here :S (sorry if not :L)

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

You should have downloaded your version from here as this is the owner of the software I have been told.

You want to go with the one to the right saying 1.3 Beta if you can.

02-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Find
trollox Offline

Yeah i already have that vertion.
02-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Then that is very strange....

If you don't have Noise Removal in Effects then I have no idea what is wrong.

The only thing I can really say is that Re-installing the Beta might fix it.

02-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Find
trollox Offline

For some reason the language is set to swedish (i'm swedish) when i installed it as english. There for i got no clue which one it is. And it dosen't look anything alike to the video he sent me Anyhow i've put up a live stream so maybe you can help me here's the link : http://www.justin.tv/thefox264
02-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

I'm watching it. You do have the Noise Removal option so I don't understand what is wrong.

02-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Find
trollox Offline

Chat on the vid and help me please.
02-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Find