Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sliding doors!
Zjurc Offline

Threads: 8
Tongue  Sliding doors!

Hi again!
Now I don't know if this has been posted before but I want that big sliding door to be open with that valve right next to it.
[Image: im7k6szPsh1XU.png]

There is surely a script or something for but I simply have... no clue.
Also the valve will be moved to another location(its there just for testing etc) and I would like for the door to remain open for at least... 100 seconds, so the player can actually make it in time.

Any ideas? Thank you so much!
02-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Sliding doors!

InteractConnectPropWithMoveObject.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-09-2012, 02:21 AM
Website Find
Zjurc Offline

Ahhh thank you very much! Your extremely detailed post helped me a lot! I bet that dot at the end was also very time consuming!

I managed to figure out everything by myself, so ill just post an example script on how everything should be set(doing this for newbies and people who seek help searching through old posts and topics):

PHP Code: (Select All)
void OnStart()
{

InteractConnectPropWithMoveObject("slidingdoor""valve""slidingdoor"truefalse, -1);

"slidingdoor" = that big gray sliding door. put its name from the level editor in this little slot.

"valve" = or wheel as some call it - its that little spinning thing you will open the door with. put its name from the level editor in this slot.

-1 = clockwise moving. if you want to move the valve/wheel anti-clockwise put '1'.
(this is just a pure guess what this number does, so don't take my word for it)

Also in the level editor there are quite a few options for the valve/wheel.
You can set it how much for it to spin, in what direction, should it get stuck etc.
02-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I don't think the final argument gets taken into consideration. It was probably a feature with potential but never implemented, or an old feature that has no practical use in Amnesia. At least for me i saw no difference between the numbers i used.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Website Find
Zjurc Offline

Yes you have a point. As people said hpl2 is a very great game engine and has a lot of potential but most of it is not used, not entirely finished etc. I am very looking forward to hpl3 and hopefully it will be easier to use.
02-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Find