Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Amnesia Crash
Catserina2010 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia Crash

I got Amnesia over a year ago and haven't played it for a while. Back then it worked just fine. I even managed to beat the game (on the same computer I'm using now). Recently I thought I'd go back and play it again. But now it won't work. I can launch the game just fine. But when I try to start a new game, the screen goes white and it looks like it's loading. When I try to continue my previous game it works for a few seconds, but as soon as I try to do anything, it also goes to a white screen and looked like it was loading. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game, I updated to the latest version, I even tried to lower the graphics setting, just in case. But if it worked before, I don't understand why it isn't working now.

I've spent hours trying to figure this out, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
I run on Windows 7 professional, and I have a HP 64-bit laptop.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 3.65 KB / Downloads: 108)
02-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia Crash

Can you upload your log after trying a new game?

02-09-2012, 02:00 AM
Website Find
Catserina2010 Offline

Never mind. Read that wrong. That was a recent upload, but I can try to start a new game and re-upload it.

Edit: Okay. That's the hpl.log after trying to start a new game
.log   hpl.log (Size: 3.4 KB / Downloads: 137)
Also, while the white loading screen is up, I can hear the game's music. But when I try to click my mouse or type anything on the keyboard it says "Amnesia.exe is not responding"
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2012, 02:56 AM by Catserina2010.)
02-09-2012, 02:03 AM
Find
Catserina2010 Offline

Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, have you found a way to fix it? I really like this game a lot, and it would really suck if I couldn't play it anymore. D=
Okay. I just tried playing it so it wasn't full screen. And I noticed something that didn't pop up when it was in full screen. Right before the white load screen appears, the screen flashes black and this message appears:

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver NVIDIA windows kernel model Driver, version 261.28 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Does anyone know what this means?
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2012, 03:47 AM by Catserina2010.)
02-09-2012, 03:20 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Try updating the graphics driver, yours is quite old, i think it is this one you should use:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-wi...river.html

02-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Website Find
Catserina2010 Offline

(02-09-2012, 09:11 AM)jens Wrote: Try updating the graphics driver, yours is quite old, i think it is this one you should use:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-wi...river.html
I'm pretty sure you're my hero. xD That's all it was! I thought that was fixed, since I went to someone else before, and they told me I had updated my drivers... But I guess that's what you get for going to a college tech center. Thank you so much!
02-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Find