Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.69 Average
[RELEASE][FIXED]Deterioration - Total Conversion
Vesanic Offline

Threads: 1
RE: [RELEASE]Deterioration - Total Conversion

I'm going to try your latest version now. I must proceed the same way I did with the other versions, right ? Same steps, same order ?

Ok, it finally worked.

Spoiler below!
Just so you know: the guy you must save from the electric puzzle NEVER appeared in the other versions. I don't know if it's because of my config or something ? But the puzzle with the levers at the middle floor NEVER appeared before.

Spoiler below!
Lighthouse level passed. Now, what do I do ? I'm stuck in the house, the front door is locked, I have no idea what to do.

If one of you needs a voice for a custom story, contact me:

romain_hammond@hotmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Vesanique
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2012, 07:39 PM by Vesanic.)
02-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Spoiler below!
Look around upstairs.

[Image: signature-2.png]
02-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Find
Vesanic Offline

Yeah, haha, found out before reading your reply, so I'm not too ashamed. : p

Okay, time for a little review.

Spoiler below!
As said in one of my previous messages, great fucking job. I was terrified from the beginning to the end. The maps, the atmosphere, the story. The whole " garden " around the lighthouse is the best map I've seen, I swear. I prefer your CS to the actual Amnesia. Deterioration is now my favorite custom story.

The whole final level bug was a mess, and it killed a bit of my experience unfortunately, but I remain objective and try to look at it the way I would have if I had used the latest version first and didn't have to go through that mess.

This was seriously excellent. I hope you'll do more !

There are quite a few bugs. When you go from a part and then come back to it, all the objects you moved are back to their original locations. Same deal with the doors, they're closed again when you actually opened them before leaving.

Apart from that, it was flawless. Bravo.

P.S: If you have another CS in the plans, hit me up if you need voices. : D

10/10

02-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Which part is the part with the resetting objects? Because that is simply a case of clicking 'FullGameSave' on said objects. That's something that was in original Amnesia that they did to save cache size in save games, but it's actually necessary to save their positions in my story to preserve continuity.

02-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

Well done Streetboat. There are very few who can match your terraining and lighting, and to that I salute you sir.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
02-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Finally compeleted it, without getting frustrated that lighthouse puzzle, now it's finally possible to beat. Smile

Beast Story, finally I can write my review:

Spoiler below!

First I wanna say about the maps, mapping is something really unique, incredible, really phenomenally beautiful.

Secondly: Atmosphere. Damn, I was so terrified second time too when I have to restart whole story again, really creepy. Awesome work!

Finally: Lighting no complaining, story telling that was really interesting and puzzles pure geniusness.. and that "no glowing items really new and interesting idea, it was really fun to collect and find them. Tongue

Overall: Really unique whole mod, I don't seriously have nothing bad to say, you have damn great potential to do awesome mods. Easily one of the best mods ever / my favourite. I give you 5 out of 5! No doubt. Thanks man for making this BEAST mod!

“Life is a game, play it”
02-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Find
DrDean Offline

Threads: 7
Heart  RE: [RELEASE]Deterioration - Total Conversion

This is very well made. I'm impressed. However, I am stuck and need a hint;
Spoiler below!
I'm stuck after you go through the docks and the grunt corpse falls through the roof. The cabinet for the drawer is still locked. I'm not sure what else to do. I have 2 drill parts.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2012, 10:39 PM by DrDean.)
02-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Find
Vesanic Offline

(02-18-2012, 10:39 PM)DrDean Wrote: This is very well made. I'm impressed. However, I am stuck and need a hint;
Spoiler below!
I'm stuck after you go through the docks and the grunt corpse falls through the roof. The cabinet for the drawer is still locked. I'm not sure what else to do. I have 2 drill parts.
Spoiler below!
One part of the drill is behind the main character's bed, another part of the drill can be found a bit after the beginning of the story.

02-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Hey Streetboat, I realized this game is supposed to be a one-shot campaign, no saving. Though I noticed you can "save and exit"... Simply put, to make it so this is impossible is to go into your base_english.lang and hit CTRL+F. Then search for "Save & Exit" or "Save and Exit" (I believe caps are necessary) and delete the whole entry, therefore, it will not show up in-game. Hope this helps =]
02-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks, I did not know that. However, I shall leave it in, simply because if you find that way around the whole thing, then I suppose you deserve it. It's not as immersion-breaking as a quicksave function or checkpoints, and if you Save & Exit during the last level, it can save a lot of peoples' hairlines as they might have to start all over after that level.

02-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Find