Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

Quote:You
are completely missing my point, please read my post again. My point is
that the puzzles in Amnesia made sense (most of them) while in Penumbra
they felt off and out of place which is not good. Hard puzzles does not
equal good puzzles, a good puzzle is one that is consistent, true to
context and works together with the overall flow of the gameplay.
Personally I'd rather have a difficult puzzle than one that makes 100% sense and fits in perfectly with the context.

With that said, a lot of puzzles in Amnesia were rehashes of puzzles in earlier games made by Frictional.
(04-19-2012, 07:15 PM)nackidno Wrote: -The Broom Puzzle, the fact that you can't pick the fuse up with your hands make the whole situation laughable.
Actually, IIRC you could just jump up on a box and reach the fuse with your hands that way, instead.

04-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

(04-18-2012, 10:56 AM)Khyrpa Wrote:
(04-18-2012, 09:33 AM)richardro Wrote: I hope its gonna be longer than the first one. I mean i would like to enjoy every moment of the game Big Grin

In the first one I think i checked all rooms,places just to admire the great design of the game
I hope its gonna be very short. They could use the time and polish every little detail to perfection.

thatgamecompany spent 3 years making journey, which is only 1,5 hours long. Results speak for themselves.

I am definitely a supporter of quality-over-quantity. I would like to see a beautifuly done scare-fest 5 hours long rather than a boring and drawn-out 10 hours. But 3 years for a hour and a half seems a bit much.
I'm willing to bet we'll have another sub-10-hour game, but much more content and better-looking than Amnesia. Which is fine with me. This game will probably be $29.99, so short and sweet sounds good to me. Maybe the entirely new game FG is working on will concentrate a bit more on length. Long and awesome, the best of both worlds Big Grin

04-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

GrAVit
0/10
way too obvious.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
04-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(04-20-2012, 08:55 PM)dph314 Wrote: I am definitely a supporter of quality-over-quantity. I would like to see a beautifuly done scare-fest 5 hours long rather than a boring and drawn-out 10 hours. But 3 years for a hour and a half seems a bit much.
I'm willing to bet we'll have another sub-10-hour game, but much more content and better-looking than Amnesia. Which is fine with me. This game will probably be $29.99, so short and sweet sounds good to me. Maybe the entirely new game FG is working on will concentrate a bit more on length. Long and awesome, the best of both worlds Big Grin
10 hours is hell of a long.
The longer it is, the harder it is to pull of as well as possible.

"Its not how long it is, its how you use it". I guess that fits here in some way...

Also I doubt FG will concentrate on lenght.

We might play games like these for different reasons? You want to pay for something that keeps you entertained for as long as possible when I just want an experience with the amount of time necessary to best achieve that experience.

In defence of Journey: the game is tightly paced, just like a movie. If it would have been longer it could have caused bad pacing and thus hurting the overall experience.
Also one and a half hours is a time that everyone should be able to sit down and play the game in one sitting. Not something that can be easily done with 10 hours long one. I think being able to enjoy the whole piece in one sitting is important for cohesive experience.

04-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

I agree. Yeah paying 30 bucks for a less-than-10-hour game is fine with me, especially when it's as good as Amnesia was.
04-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

(04-20-2012, 10:48 PM)Kein Wrote: GrAVit
0/10
way too obvious.
What?
And I think the hundreds of custom stories will cover up for the lenght of the game.

04-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

Oh hey guys, an update! They made their own site for A Machine For Pigs. It's basically the same as nextfrictionalgame.com though. And they also changed their Games list just a bit. Now it gives the link for the page.

http://www.aamfp.com/

04-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48
[split] Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2

I was just wondering if Mikko Tarmia will be composing music for A Machine For Pigs?
Or will it be someone from Thechineseroom?

04-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Mikko Tarmia for AAMFP?

Jessica Curry from thechineseroom will be composing. She did work on both Dear Esther and Korsakovia.

Here are some eerier examples of those soundtracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrK5ufbKdWcp

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2012, 10:27 AM by Nyarlathotep.)
04-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44
RE: Mikko Tarmia for AAMFP?

Well fuck me.Mikko was awesome.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

04-24-2012, 12:59 PM
Website Find