Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Zgroktar Wrote:I swear I will renounce eating pork, if there is any significant mention of viruses, parasites and similar crap like that in AAMFP.
Your loss, pork is awesome.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
03-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Find
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1

(03-02-2013, 05:14 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
Zgroktar Wrote:I swear I will renounce eating pork, if there is any significant mention of viruses, parasites and similar crap like that in AAMFP.

I know, but I will continue to eat boars.
03-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(03-02-2013, 05:00 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: I swear I will renounce eating pork, if there is any significant mention of viruses, parasites and similar crap like that in AAMFP.

No bacon for you, mister.
03-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Find
wubwub Offline
Banned

Threads: 5

i dont think AAMFP have many virus but there blood probably ;(
03-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Damascus Wrote:I have a bunch of theories surrounding this game, which I thought I might post here. [...epic block of text...]
Hm...nice theory, but isn't that pretty much the exact same plot TDD had? Except that Oswalds motivation is greed instead of homesickness and that the torture machines have been replaced with...well, with a pig machine and a virus?

I think I'd prefer if the story was a bit more morally ambiguous and with less supernatural/ pseudoscientific elements.

Like, say, there's a terrible famine in London. People are literally dieing in the streets, the crime rate goes through the roof, the collapse of the city is just around the corner - and then someone looks at all the criminals that are being sentenced to death every day and puts two and two together.

Who cares? They're being hanged and then their corpses are just being thrown on the same pile as all the starved people anyway. Maybe it is time for a resourceful individual with access to industrial machines to come up with a radical new idea and become the hero who saved the people of London...
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2013, 05:49 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
03-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Find
Zgroktar Offline

(03-02-2013, 05:48 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Damascus Wrote:I have a bunch of theories surrounding this game, which I thought I might post here. [...epic block of text...]
Hm...nice theory, but isn't that pretty much the exact same plot TDD had? Except that Oswalds motivation is greed instead of homesickness and that the torture machines have been replaced with...well, with a pig machine and a virus?

I think I'd prefer if the story was a bit more morally ambiguous and with less supernatural/ pseudoscientific elements.

Like, say, there's a terrible famine in London. People are literally dieing in the streets, the crime rate goes through the roof, the collapse of the city is just around the corner - and then someone looks at all the criminals that are being sentenced to death every day and puts two and two together.

Who cares? They're being hanged and then their corpses are just being thrown on the same pile as all the starved people anyway. Maybe it is time for a resourceful individual with access to industrial machines to come up with a radical new idea and become the hero who saved the people of London...

This sounds much more interesting to me personally. But I really think we should give up this kind of speculation, I believe the story will be much more complex than we can guess or describe in a couple of posts. It would be kind of lame if some of us really do guess the plot of the game correctly.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2013, 06:07 PM by Zgroktar.)
03-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: I believe the story will be much more complex than we can guess or describe in a couple of posts. It would be kind of lame if some of us really do guess the plot of the game correctly.
I sure hope so! Or maybe they will pull a Dear Esther and the story will be completely open for interpretation...who knows?
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2013, 06:15 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
03-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Find
Spaceman Offline

I was writing an essay for my lecturer just now, and I kept having to write about a character in a film called Jens (sequence analysis essay), and I kept accidentally writing 'Jens Amnesia' instead of the actual dudes name -.-

[Image: tumblr_meuosnsjDw1s01xwto1_500.gif]
03-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Find
Zgroktar Offline

(03-02-2013, 06:14 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: I believe the story will be much more complex than we can guess or describe in a couple of posts. It would be kind of lame if some of us really do guess the plot of the game correctly.
I sure hope so! Or maybe they will pull a Dear Esther and the story will be completely open for interpretation...who knows?

Based on what I've read in the interviews, I don't believe that will happen. We probably could expect a clearly defined story, with a linear ending. The only thing we can hope it will be even more horrible and dreadful than TDD. It would be very difficult to achieve this, but Dan Pinchbeck will probably succeed in that field, he is an eccentric fellow.
03-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(03-02-2013, 05:16 PM)Zgroktar Wrote:
(03-02-2013, 05:14 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:

I know, but I will continue to eat boars.

Yeah, and I'll keep eating red meat.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
03-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Find