Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
TiberiusBond Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(03-04-2013, 09:20 PM)Tigerwaw Wrote:
(03-04-2013, 09:14 PM)Wooderson Wrote:
(03-04-2013, 09:08 PM)Tigerwaw Wrote:
(03-04-2013, 09:03 PM)Respekt Wrote: While we all wait for the game, I advise you to go here this horror - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn3olXEltek

Wait...Is that a custom story or a game?

Looks like Amnesia in a sense but the graphics are way better...

Could be good.

Looks almost identical to Amnesia/Penumbra...
Looks like Amnesia with Slender: The Arrival graphics, giving the demo a shot, looks fun.

[Image: V642RRt.gif]
03-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

"It is not a horror survival game but has horror elements, related mostly to the story and the game’s atmosphere."

Not really amnesia or penumbra like.
03-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

I just played the game and the controls are extremely bad the game is extremly glitchy the inventory doesn't work that well and you can't use objects for what they should be used.
Also I had the cheapest jump scare that didn't scare me almost like when I replayed Penumbra BP and Clarance says that that was the most fun is his entire life (when he summons a spider in your screen)
I was just walking around looking for a container so I saw 3 logs supisciously lying together.
Then I saw an hatchet underneath the logs of course I already knew what was going to happen when I would take the hatchet.
And so said it happened as is anticipated LAME would be an understatement.

Also the puzzles are quite lame as the girl is locked but you can't use the hatchet to break down the door...
03-05-2013, 01:03 AM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

Dan tweeted 5 hours ago: "Spent yesterday rebuilding the first half of the last level of #aamfp. Meanwhile @frictionalgames hit two other levels hard this week."

Not sure if this is anything substantial, but it's something atleast.
03-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Good to hear the ending of the game is getting some more love from the devs. There are so many great games with a rushed ending... and a good ending is always what stays with me the longest. I can forgive almost everything that came before, if the ending makes up for it. (Unless of course, what came before was so unbearable I never made it to the ending! Wink )
On the other hand a badly or lazily executed ending can easily spoil an otherwise awesome game for me... (Yes I'm looking at you, Bioshock!) Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2013, 04:37 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
03-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

Sounds like some major 'tweaking' is going on - kinda worrying in a way as at this stage you wouldn't expect large changes unless something was really wrong with the game .....
03-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Find
jiersk Offline

Threads: 12

(03-05-2013, 04:46 PM)Ossie Wrote: Sounds like some major 'tweaking' is going on - kinda worrying in a way as at this stage you wouldn't expect large changes unless something was really wrong with the game .....

I don't think things were really wrong. But I think FG thought it had a few flaws and wanted it to be a little different.

Life is a joke made by someone with a bad sense of humor.
03-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Find
jiersk Offline

Threads: 12

(03-05-2013, 05:27 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(03-05-2013, 04:46 PM)Ossie Wrote: Sounds like some major 'tweaking' is going on - kinda worrying in a way as at this stage you wouldn't expect large changes unless something was really wrong with the game .....

Guess every game ever has something really wrong with it. This is very normal in game development, it's called polishing.

Yeah but the polishing must be done with a soft brush. Stroke the game softly with the brush. Very softly and with love. Whisper in it's ear: " You're mine now." And continue the brushing. Stroke every part of it. Only then your game will have succes. And not end up like a hoo trown out of a car.

(03-05-2013, 05:27 PM)Robosprog Wrote:

Guess every game ever has something really wrong with it. This is very normal in game development, it's called polishing.

Please ignore my previous message. I didn't know what I was doing.

Life is a joke made by someone with a bad sense of humor.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2013, 06:12 PM by jiersk.)
03-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Find
magnubac Offline

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forums, and I just wanted to say I'm greatly looking forward to AAMFP. By far my most anticipated game this year!

Also thinking it's positive that they delay the game's release to improve it, rather than pushing it out before it's ready.

So, there you have it.

Regards,

magnubac
03-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Aamfp will be like Duke Nukem Forever - It will be released, when we'll belive it will not appear.
03-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Find