Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Potato Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(03-29-2013, 06:36 AM)Deep One Wrote: Can someone ban EzioAuditore? He's nothing more than annoying troll.
Yeah, it's not really the case where he's actually funny either, that might be a different situation.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
03-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Find
Curse of Hope Offline

Threads: 1

(03-29-2013, 12:41 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 06:30 AM)Statyk Wrote: Hate to keep the derailment going but there isn't much news for AAMFP at the moment anyways, so I have to butt in.

The Slender: The Arrival, I BELIEVE, is perfectly reasonable for $10. If it were higher, I'd deny that, but for what it's worth in length, detail, and presentation, I believe it's perfectly priced. And at first, I thought they were going to do a solid "campaign" and not repeat the same thing they did in the first, I really thought about it, and if they DIDN'T, it wouldn't feel the same, you know? The original Slender game was known for its gameplay mechanic, and what they did here was take that, make it MUCH prettier, gave you unlimited sprint (THANK YOU), and gave you a few environments to play on. I haven't bought it because I'm trying not to spend money willy nilly now, but I have no problem with the price, and the game suits it just fine in my opinion. I'm surprised to say this, but I have no complaints for it... (from what I've seen in Let's Plays so far)
I have to agree, though I'm still praying for a less jumpscare game about him, and a story based one. One day.. one day.
Hello sir.

Work In Progress - Slender: Curse of Hope
03-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Find
TerrorLantern Offline

Threads: 0

I have been following this thread since the 400s, just browsing looking at what we have learned and watching you guys ranting about release dates, rediculous math (lol 7/5 obviously is april 4th), and especially the letter with all ur 3d viewing and working together! being all technical. however i only post this to ask a question. has anyone or anythread put all the speculation and what we know in one big list/paragraph? i have been looking and there are a few really small ones but i feel as tho there is more that should be on thos lists that is not... and also do we know about any differences in gameplay between TDD and AMFP? for example the introduction of guns (obviously not gonna happen because it would ruin the game but any changes in the style of game play... i say this because i would like it to be the same for the most part but with changes such as the AI, Insanity (maby make insanity more vital to gameplay rather that making screen go blurry), or if the game is going to change to jumpscares (which it wont im sure)... in essence i guess im asking if we know if this game is going to be more like a big expansion or a whole new game worthy of calling itself a sequal. i know they have said that but i believe some gameplay aspects should be changes or altered to create fresh new gameply rather that repeating the same horror experiance just in a different map... just a post to reopen discussion about these topics

P.S: Yes i know i have already posted this but seeming as tho the conversations are straying from amnesia and my question was not truely answered except for, and i quote "yes", this will be the last time i post this, simply because somebody who knows or would like to discuss may not have seen it thankyou
03-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

I do not think we have a list to keep track of these things, or at least I have not seen it so far.

Differences in gameplay? Well, they say that the game will be fresh to both new players and The Dark Descent veterans, so I am sure they are going to make it a fresh experience, while still keeping a lot of the same elements that The Dark Descent had. Also, apparently, the inventory screen will disappear, which means more interaction and less pick-up-to-inventory-page. There has also been revealed that the AI will be much smarter and less predictable, which naturally will change the gameplay for some brave souls, and it will definitely make the game less predictable and more scary overall. They told us that those who think the old tricks from The Dark Descent will help against the AI in A Machine For Pigs will be having quite an unpleasant surprise. Intriguing!

Regarding insanity, this was a thing in The Dark Descent, mostly because Daniel had nyctophobia. Oswald has a life-threatening fever, which likely is going to introduce another red thread and system, like nausea, fever meter or something.

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
03-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Penumbra and Amnesia have an excellent gameplay. One of the best in gaming history. I hope, they did not change it too much.

I wanted to play a game that feels "FG-typical".
03-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(03-29-2013, 04:38 PM)TerrorLantern Wrote: I have been following this thread since the 400s, just browsing looking at what we have learned and watching you guys ranting about release dates, rediculous math (lol 7/5 obviously is april 4th), and especially the letter with all ur 3d viewing and working together! being all technical. however i only post this to ask a question. has anyone or anythread put all the speculation and what we know in one big list/paragraph? i have been looking and there are a few really small ones but i feel as tho there is more that should be on thos lists that is not... and also do we know about any differences in gameplay between TDD and AMFP? for example the introduction of guns (obviously not gonna happen because it would ruin the game but any changes in the style of game play... i say this because i would like it to be the same for the most part but with changes such as the AI, Insanity (maby make insanity more vital to gameplay rather that making screen go blurry), or if the game is going to change to jumpscares (which it wont im sure)... in essence i guess im asking if we know if this game is going to be more like a big expansion or a whole new game worthy of calling itself a sequal. i know they have said that but i believe some gameplay aspects should be changes or altered to create fresh new gameply rather that repeating the same horror experiance just in a different map... just a post to reopen discussion about these topics

P.S: Yes i know i have already posted this but seeming as tho the conversations are straying from amnesia and my question was not truely answered except for, and i quote "yes", this will be the last time i post this, simply because somebody who knows or would like to discuss may not have seen it thankyou
YAY!, who wants to read through 600 pages and thousands of comments?:D
03-29-2013, 06:40 PM
Find
TerrorLantern Offline

Threads: 0

(03-29-2013, 06:18 PM)Diz Wrote: I do not think we have a list to keep track of these things, or at least I have not seen it so far.

Differences in gameplay? Well, they say that the game will be fresh to both new players and The Dark Descent veterans, so I am sure they are going to make it a fresh experience, while still keeping a lot of the same elements that The Dark Descent had. Also, apparently, the inventory screen will disappear, which means more interaction and less pick-up-to-inventory-page. There has also been revealed that the AI will be much smarter and less predictable, which naturally will change the gameplay for some brave souls, and it will definitely make the game less predictable and more scary overall. They told us that those who think the old tricks from The Dark Descent will help against the AI in A Machine For Pigs will be having quite an unpleasant surprise. Intriguing!

Regarding insanity, this was a thing in The Dark Descent, mostly because Daniel had nyctophobia. Oswald has a life-threatening fever, which likely is going to introduce another red thread and system, like nausea, fever meter or something.

thankyou i really appreciate it and you ronded up everything a wanted to know Big Grin as well as those that are also curious but have not asked

(03-29-2013, 06:40 PM)martinnord Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 04:38 PM)TerrorLantern Wrote: I have been following this thread since the 400s, just browsing looking at what we have learned and watching you guys ranting about release dates, rediculous math (lol 7/5 obviously is april 4th), and especially the letter with all ur 3d viewing and working together! being all technical. however i only post this to ask a question. has anyone or anythread put all the speculation and what we know in one big list/paragraph? i have been looking and there are a few really small ones but i feel as tho there is more that should be on thos lists that is not... and also do we know about any differences in gameplay between TDD and AMFP? for example the introduction of guns (obviously not gonna happen because it would ruin the game but any changes in the style of game play... i say this because i would like it to be the same for the most part but with changes such as the AI, Insanity (maby make insanity more vital to gameplay rather that making screen go blurry), or if the game is going to change to jumpscares (which it wont im sure)... in essence i guess im asking if we know if this game is going to be more like a big expansion or a whole new game worthy of calling itself a sequal. i know they have said that but i believe some gameplay aspects should be changes or altered to create fresh new gameply rather that repeating the same horror experiance just in a different map... just a post to reopen discussion about these topics

YAY!, who wants to read through 600 pages and thousands of comments?Big Grin

RIGHT!?!
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2013, 08:08 PM by TerrorLantern.)
03-29-2013, 08:07 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

(03-29-2013, 06:25 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Penumbra and Amnesia have an excellent gameplay. One of the best in gaming history. I hope, they did not change it too much.

It won't have an inventory, but I think a lot of the controls will stay the same (compared to TDD, Justine).

They said they wanted to keep the same feel, but also add some elements so the veterans like us will have something new. I hope that by this they mean puzzles, and not the controls. The controls are a big part of the immersion.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
03-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(03-29-2013, 08:08 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 06:25 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Penumbra and Amnesia have an excellent gameplay. One of the best in gaming history. I hope, they did not change it too much.

It won't have an inventory, but I think a lot of the controls will stay the same (compared to TDD, Justine).

They said they wanted to keep the same feel, but also add some elements so the veterans like us will have something new. I hope that by this they mean puzzles, and not the controls. The controls are a big part of the immersion.

Whaaaat? No inventory? I think it's horrible idea ;/
03-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(03-29-2013, 08:19 PM)lazz3r Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 08:08 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote:

Whaaaat? No inventory? I think it's horrible idea ;/

Sure you should have the right voice your opinion without being forced to explain it, but I would really like to hear why it is you think it is a horrible idea?
03-29-2013, 08:50 PM
Find