Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(04-25-2013, 05:48 AM)Kman Wrote: cry of fear is a fun/challenging game if you just look at it as a shooter

but it's really not very scary at all

and the story is pretty much nonexistent

and it got overhyped to shit

still like a 7/10 mod tho lol

It's not that scary but it's very silent hill-ish, and it does have a pretty big story, amazing music and pretty cool design.

(04-25-2013, 11:21 AM)Dogfood Wrote: Valve is far from being a greedy company.

*cough* EA *Cough* Blizzard

For example, if Blizzard owned TF2. You'd have to buy the game and it would cost like 25 €, pay monthly subscription and pay if you want additional benefits

Except that wouldn't be the case at all? The only game they have a monthly subscription for is WoW an MMORPG - it makes no sense that they'd do that for TF2.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013, 12:59 PM by GiggleBlizzard.)
04-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(04-25-2013, 12:57 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: Except that wouldn't be the case at all? The only game they have a monthly subscription for is WoW an MMORPG - it makes no sense that they'd do that for TF2.

It makes no sense that they put subscription on WoW aswell. 1. you have to buy the game which costs a lot. 2. You have to buy all the expansions which cost 35€ each. 3. They provide special services in which you also have to pay A LOT of money. And on top of that you have subscription.

My point is, they're greedy bastards.

Also, i'll stop now since this is AAMFP thread

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1

How does it make no sense? MMO's far before WoW have run on subscriptions, WoW is routinely updated with new content, MMO servers are a helluva lot more powerful and hence more expensive to buy, run and maintain and there are hundreds of people worldwide whose jobs it is to keep this stuff running smoothly 24/7. Do you know how many server technicians, game masters and tech support they have on hand in every region?

Yes, some of the extra services cost ridiculous amounts (relatively, a 10 dollar animated pet strikes me as a lot less ridiculous than a 70 dollar monocle ala Eve Online), and yes it makes them a lot of money. But saying it makes no sense? That's ridiculous.

Edited double post out.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013, 02:05 PM by rtjhbfvsrry.)
04-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Then why haven't they put a subscription on Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3. Because nobody would accept subscription on something that doesn't require as big and many servers to be constantly on as an MMORPG.
04-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Find
Gharren Offline

(04-25-2013, 09:04 AM)Kilbride Studios Wrote:
(04-25-2013, 08:39 AM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote:
(04-25-2013, 07:47 AM)Kilbride Studios Wrote: Is there a Thread about valve being a shit company?

One of the screenshots of AAMFP, particularly the Mansion interior pic. looks like Oswald must really like art.

Valve being a shitty company? What have you been smoking?

Nothing, there's a lot of reasons,
1: Greedy
2: They don't give a fuck about their fans
3: Completely ruin Half-life mods and haven't fixed the issue
4: you can always rely on Valve to fuck everything up at the last moment
5: They see a free game about to be released on Steam and is going to be very popular and was thinking "hmm..how can we get a cut out of this? Let's delay it til we figure it out"

You seem to mistake Valve with EA. Valve is possibly one of the best and most sympathetic companies you can find.

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013, 02:01 PM by Gharren.)
04-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Website Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

(04-25-2013, 11:21 AM)Dogfood Wrote: Valve is far from being a greedy company.

*cough* EA *Cough* Blizzard

For example, if Blizzard owned TF2. You'd have to buy the game and it would cost like 25 €, pay monthly subscription and pay if you want additional benefits

You have a point. also EA is the biggest greedy bastards since windows...

The International Narcotics Traffic
04-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Valve is awesome. Their business structure is practically communism.

(04-25-2013, 01:52 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: Then why haven't they put a subscription on Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3. Because nobody would accept subscription on something that doesn't require as big and many servers to be constantly on as an MMORPG.

Did you just answer your own question there? Also, SC2 and D3 don't require nearly as many technicians and other support staff. Also, much less people play it. EDIT: Also, SC2 is not actually on the Battle.net servers - it's local hosted. D3 on the other hand does have server running costs, but I'm assuming the ridiculous Real Money Auction House pays for that ten times over.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013, 02:18 PM by rtjhbfvsrry.)
04-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

(04-25-2013, 02:01 PM)Gharren Wrote:
(04-25-2013, 09:04 AM)Kilbride Studios Wrote:
(04-25-2013, 08:39 AM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote:
(04-25-2013, 07:47 AM)Kilbride Studios Wrote: Is there a Thread about valve being a shit company?

One of the screenshots of AAMFP, particularly the Mansion interior pic. looks like Oswald must really like art.

Valve being a shitty company? What have you been smoking?

Nothing, there's a lot of reasons,
1: Greedy
2: They don't give a fuck about their fans
3: Completely ruin Half-life mods and haven't fixed the issue
4: you can always rely on Valve to fuck everything up at the last moment
5: They see a free game about to be released on Steam and is going to be very popular and was thinking "hmm..how can we get a cut out of this? Let's delay it til we figure it out"

You seem to mistake Valve with EA. Valve is possibly one of the best and most sympathetic companies you can find.

I Have my own opinions but you're right, EA is a fucking Greedy fat tosser of a company

(04-25-2013, 02:07 PM)Funderbunk Wrote: Valve is awesome. Their business structure is practically communism.

(04-25-2013, 01:52 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: Then why haven't they put a subscription on Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3. Because nobody would accept subscription on something that doesn't require as big and many servers to be constantly on as an MMORPG.

Did you just answer your own question there? Also, SC2 and D3 don't require nearly as many technicians and other support staff. Also, much less people play it.

I'm not saying that valve is bad at everything, just how they release games on steam. and i FUCKING LOVE VALVE'S GAMES!

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013, 02:11 PM by Gilligan's Hell.)
04-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Valve is brilliant and is one of the best companies I can think of. Of course they're "greedy" to an extent. They need to profit like any other company. But on that note, they do genuinely good business. To call them especially greedy is just plain funny when you look at EA's anti-consumer practices.
04-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Yes i know, EA IS A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT, I FUCKING GET IT! NOW LET'S PLEASE GET BACK TO FUCKING TOPIC!

04-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Find