Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

What are the odds that the two marked GoogleEarth locations, very far apart so it's not a specific setting for the next game, form an exactly straight line going in order in that direction (like going west, in the order of Clue #1--> Clue #2--> ...) directly to the one country in the whole world that Penumbra took place in? Plus, the last location doesn't even have another body of land in the way of this imaginary line. It points first and solely to Greenland. Plus this teaser photo with a mine-type of looking pathway...
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012, 07:05 AM by dph314.)
02-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(02-16-2012, 07:04 AM)dph314 Wrote: What are the odds that the two marked GoogleEarth locations, very far apart so it's not a specific setting for the next game, form an exactly straight line going in order in that direction (like going west, in the order of Clue #1--> Clue #2--> ...) directly to the one country in the whole world that Penumbra took place in? Plus, the last location doesn't even have another body of land in the way of this imaginary line. It points first and solely to Greenland. Plus this teaser photo with a mine-type of looking pathway...
That does sound quite possible Wink

02-16-2012, 07:40 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

I like the idea of it being a Penumbra sequel, could be possible. The image now looks more like a metal frame with hand rails connecting them. Defiantly oil lanterns on the sides, but that dark figure is still a mystery.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
02-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Ummm... I think the fact that it says "Amnesia" is enough to prove that it's not another Penumbra game...

Posting Freak
02-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Website Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

Na I was just agreeing with this post. I love Penumbra, find it better then Amnesia in my opinion.
(02-16-2012, 05:54 AM)dph314 Wrote: Something I just noticed, nothing I'm sure, but since even though it looks like a mine, it has the Amnesia logo. So unless it's a Penumbra prequel/sequel announcement and the "Amnesia" is just there to show it's being done using Amnesia's HPL2 engine, its probably related to Amnesia and not Penumbra. But... the first GoogleEarth marker was in China, the second current one is Boreray in the UK. If you draw a straight line going from the first marker to the second, and keep going, it leads right into Greenland. And what game took place there?...

Think A Little, Change A Lot
02-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Find
Crafter Offline

Threads: 1

If the next marker will be "Chile" then i know where it will lead next...

Dont worry guys, i got this... theory...
02-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Find
ReadingNotAllowed Offline

Threads: 6

(02-16-2012, 11:39 AM)Crafter Wrote: If the next marker will be "Chile" then i know where it will lead next...

Dont worry guys, i got this... theory...
Yea. I think i got it too! ;D

Better to have a story and end it, then to never realise it has begun...

- Red
02-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Find
sarcinelli Offline

Threads: 4

I think the image is upside down, and looks like a person standing in the entrance of a flooded mining cave...

Spoiler below!
[Image: teaseimage2.jpg]

On the left side you can see some smoking coming out of the torch, and the floor is reflecting both torches and the man.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012, 03:18 PM by sarcinelli.)
02-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

Looking at the image upsidedown, it kind of looks like it could be someone standing at the end of the walkway. Flip it upsidedown and then sit back from the monitor a bit, and you can kind of see a shadow being cast towards you on the floor. Plus, with the image still flipped, the 'light-source' on the right doesn't seem like a lantern anymore, it's too, I don't know, wide is the correct term? There's no brighter-flame-shaped-center that seems like it's emitting light. Hard to explain, but it's almost like the light seen there is coming from further down the hallway and it's just sort of being reflected there. A steel door reflecting the light coming from further down the hallway? Because there's like a gray rectangular-shape behind/below the two light-sources in the foreground.
A mine with metal doors? Why do I keep seeing Penumbra clues now? Rolleyes

Plus Dark Swarm and Black Plague are so close in their meaning, and that site someone said has been up for a while, so, who knows? Has that Dark Swarm site been out since a little after Penumbra came out?
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012, 03:29 PM by dph314.)
02-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

I would love if it were some sort of prequel/sequel to Penumbra!
In my opinion Penumbra is better then Amnesia story-wise!

But I guess we will all know once the image gets clearer

02-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Find