Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
xdeath Offline

Threads: 2
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(02-18-2012, 04:43 AM)Sebatiger Wrote: This suddenly turned into a Esther thread lol. Lets get back on topic. What do you think had to relate to amnesia?
Game and story wise nothing.

I was actually expecting an easter egg.

I went through and didn't even find any of that.
02-18-2012, 05:20 AM
Find
Sebatiger Offline

Threads: 9

(02-18-2012, 05:20 AM)xdeath Wrote:
(02-18-2012, 04:43 AM)Sebatiger Wrote: This suddenly turned into a Esther thread lol. Lets get back on topic. What do you think had to relate to amnesia?

There honestly was nothing besides the bible verses...

Do we have nowhere to go in the ARG now?

02-18-2012, 05:27 AM
Find
Relffets Offline

Threads: 0

(02-18-2012, 05:27 AM)Sebatiger Wrote:

I think everyone's done for the day. Hopefully we'll get further into it tomorrow.
02-18-2012, 05:31 AM
Find
Bacon94 Offline

Isn't odd that the narrator in Dear Esther kinda sounds like Daniel in Amnesia? Well I guess that was of no help, sorry guys Sad
02-18-2012, 05:36 AM
Find
xdeath Offline

Threads: 2

(02-18-2012, 05:31 AM)Relffets Wrote:
(02-18-2012, 05:27 AM)Sebatiger Wrote:

I think everyone's done for the day. Hopefully we'll get further into it tomorrow.
There is night time shift you know. As in those members in opposite timezones then us.
Maybe they are better at this ARG thing, we'll wake up tomorrow and it'll all be solved.
We'll know the name of the game and the release date.
(02-18-2012, 05:36 AM)Bacon94 Wrote: Isn't odd that the narrator in Dear Esther kinda sounds like Daniel in Amnesia? Well I guess that was of no help, sorry guys Sad
That is because he is British and Daniel is as well.
They both have British accents.
But accents aside they sound almost nothing alike.
@Sebatiger, The Bible verses/references were in the Dear Esther mod, which was made back in 2007. That was before Amnesia was even conceived.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2012, 05:48 AM by xdeath.)
02-18-2012, 05:37 AM
Find
Relffets Offline

(02-18-2012, 05:37 AM)xdeath Wrote: There is night time shift you know. As in those members in opposite timezones then us.
Mayber they are better at this ARG thing, we'll wake up tomorrow and it'll all be solved.
We'll know the name of the game and the release date.
That would be amazing, but I doubt it.
02-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Find
Relffets Offline

What I think is that the letters in the image make up the name for the audio file. This makes sense to me because the letters o g g are in there and ogg files are audio files. The file is probably named xxxxxxxxxx.ogg.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2012, 06:17 AM by Relffets.)
02-18-2012, 06:17 AM
Find
ashstache Offline

(02-18-2012, 06:00 AM)omahacat Wrote: I'm psyched about this new game, so I had to register and participate!
I've been keeping track through the thread, and wanted to post a couple
of things that I noticed as well.

1. The HELP AUDIO command reveals the following:

PLAY - PLAY SOUND FILE. WORKS LIKE LOAD, BUT USING SYNTAX AS 1530 DEVICE. LIMITED Accessibility DUE TO RISK OF 6581 OVERHEATING.

The 1530 refers to the Commodore 1530 Datasette, which was Commodore's
dedicated computer tape drive. Among other things, it would convert
audio files into digital information and vice versa, similar to what a
modem would do. I think that's what the audio file will do...running the
audio file will actually run a series of commands via the 1530 filter.
The 6581 overheating warning is referring to the sound chip used in a
Commodore 64. Check out the wikipedia entries: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_1530 & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_64

So, when we find that audio file we should run it and we'll get a command run.

2. We're not going to be able to do anything without Admin privileges, so we should forget about trying to get the password (for the moment) for Jens. Admin is where it's at. In fact, that's where the bottleneck is, because once we have admin privileges, we can then change the file permissions, which should allow us to get access to the audio file (I've got a feeling it's in the folder 561ywk).

3. I'm positive that the letters in the ebola.zip image have something to do with the password. But I have a feeling that we're barking up the wrong tree by trying to create passwords out of the letters. I just wish I knew which was the right tree to bark up!

Omaha Sternberg
I like this way of thinking, I think we've moved too fast, and are jumping to conclusion. What we have, RIGHT now, is a series of letters, and the clue about the commodore, perhaps leading to an audio file. We need to simplify, so lets try to figure this password out. I reckon there might be a clue as to where the letters are positioned, or maybe, the letters are stand in for numbers, or you shift them one letter down or something. Lets look at that.
02-18-2012, 06:30 AM
Find
MissMarilynn Offline

Threads: 23

(02-18-2012, 06:30 AM)ashstache Wrote:
(02-18-2012, 06:00 AM)omahacat Wrote: I'm psyched about this new game, so I had to register and participate!

PLAY - PLAY SOUND FILE. WORKS LIKE LOAD, BUT USING SYNTAX AS 1530 DEVICE. LIMITED Accessibility DUE TO RISK OF 6581 OVERHEATING.

Commodore 64. Check out the wikipedia entries: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_1530 & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_64

2. We're not going to be able to do anything without Admin privileges, so we should forget about trying to get the password (for the moment) for Jens. Admin is where it's at. In fact, that's where the bottleneck is, because once we have admin privileges, we can then change the file permissions, which should allow us to get access to the audio file (I've got a feeling it's in the folder 561ywk).

3. I'm positive that the letters in the ebola.zip image have something to do with the password. But I have a feeling that we're barking up the wrong tree by trying to create passwords out of the letters. I just wish I knew which was the right tree to bark up!

Omaha Sternberg
I like this way of thinking, I think we've moved too fast, and are jumping to conclusion. What we have, RIGHT now, is a series of letters, and the clue about the commodore, perhaps leading to an audio file. We need to simplify, so lets try to figure this password out. I reckon there might be a clue as to where the letters are positioned, or maybe, the letters are stand in for numbers, or you shift them one letter down or something. Lets look at that.
dont forget the weird dots and lines next to some of the letters.
02-18-2012, 06:44 AM
Find
ashstache Offline

(02-18-2012, 06:44 AM)MissMarilynn Wrote:
(02-18-2012, 06:30 AM)ashstache Wrote:

Omaha Sternberg
dont forget the weird dots and lines next to some of the letters.
I had a closer look, there's only one fullstop, and its next to one of the Cs

02-18-2012, 06:49 AM
Find