Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
TheGrandHero Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(02-22-2012, 09:06 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Yeah, we need a short gameplay trailer.

Normally I'd argue that we need a long gameplay trailer, but for a game like this you risk ruining it if you show too much (such as with the Penumbra: Black Plauge trailer that oddly gave away the solutions to a couple late-game puzzles).

02-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(02-22-2012, 09:04 PM)lessthandan Wrote: Just saying... that's obviously not from a game of any kind. (Although if there's a 3D game who's graphics really look like that, then let me know.) Sorry, it was bugging me. Smile

You can take a microscope and watch the molecules of this picture to find something what couldn't be from a screenshot, but yes, there are games looking like that.
But OK, it's an artwork. But the small original picture looks like a screenshot.

(02-22-2012, 09:09 PM)TheGrandHero Wrote:
(02-22-2012, 09:06 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Yeah, we need a short gameplay trailer.

Normally I'd argue that we need a long gameplay trailer, but for a game like this you risk ruining it if you show too much (such as with the Penumbra: Black Plauge trailer that oddly gave away the solutions to a couple late-game puzzles).

This is why I prefer a short one. Wink

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 09:13 PM by Googolplex.)
02-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Find
pimpinitalian Offline

Threads: 1

Frictional Games has to be developing it because why would it be in their development section, but I'll be pissed off if Frictional Games doesn't develop this I swear to God I'll pull an Apple and sue their asses for being communist or some kinda patent issue..
02-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Find
TheGrandHero Offline

(02-22-2012, 09:17 PM)pimpinitalian Wrote: Frictional Games has to be developing it because why would it be in their development section, but I'll be pissed off if Frictional Games doesn't develop this I swear to God I'll pull an Apple and sue their asses for being communist or some kinda patent issue..

Frictional Games is producing the game, The Chinese Room is developing it. FG may or may not be working on it "directly", but like I noted earlier they are still involved.
02-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Find
Atwa Offline

Why are everyone so down on this? Jesus Christ we haven't seen anything of the game yet. I will not say anything negative before I have gotten my hands on it and I do not think anyone else should either. I understand the disappointment that Frictional is not developing it but look, they wont let a beloved IP of their go to waste. I'm sure they are watching over the project to make sure it lives up to the Amnesia name.

I for one am very interested to see how this turns out. If it ends up no good, at least Frictional is working on something else!
02-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

And what about the true game what gets developed by Frictional Games?
I mean the other game in developing where Frictional Games working on it.
Is there a game like this?
What will it be?
Amnesia 3 ?
02-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Find
Atwa Offline

(02-22-2012, 09:31 PM)Googolplex Wrote: And what about the true game what gets developed by Frictional Games?
I mean the other game in developing where Frictional Games working on it.
Is there a game like this?
What will it be?
Amnesia 3 ?
It wont have the Amnesia name but be something entirely new.
02-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Find
Sebatiger Offline

Threads: 9

Interview later today you guys. Not really worth all the speculation on the forums.
02-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(02-22-2012, 09:28 PM)Atwa Wrote: I'm sure they are watching over the project to make sure it lives up to the Amnesia name.

I think it will be more compared to Dear Esther than Amnesia.

Or a combination of them both would be nice.

But the immersion, the physics, the puzzles and to interact with objects, the dark oppressive atmosphere and all that can't created by an other developer.

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 09:36 PM by Googolplex.)
02-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

Just out of curiosity which game would have more advanced Physics? Amnesia or Portal 2?... maybe I am asking the wrong question but to my knowledge the physics in Portal 2 are pretty good. So Source or Hlp2?...

02-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Find