Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Oink Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

A question for Samuel Justice - I recall reading somewhere that AAMFP was tailored more for loudspeakers as opposed to headphones (although of course headphones can still be used). Is there a reason for this? ATDD was more tailored for headphones and most people seem to play it that way.

Just curious. Smile
07-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(07-14-2012, 08:49 AM)GrAVit Wrote: [...]So that when you died, the game would exit itself.

... delete savegame and format the harddrive. Full immersion.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
07-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

(07-14-2012, 04:55 PM)Kein Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 08:49 AM)GrAVit Wrote: [...]So that when you died, the game would exit itself.

... delete savegame and format the harddrive. Full immersion.

-......send out giant claw to maim player. Even fuller immersion.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2012, 04:58 PM by Potato.)
07-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Find
pimpinitalian Offline

Threads: 1

I was thinking about a microphone being used in the game so when I have a spastic moment of being scared; the monster will see me and have their way with me. Also, I have this strange feeling that the developers are going to remove the music that plays when a monster is near because most people hide and wait for the music to go away but if you remove that music; you don't ever know if the monster is there or not which means you have to look and see or even have the music play till you get 10 to 20 feet away from where the music started.
07-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: [...] the monster will see me and have their way with me.
O.O ... as a non-native english speaker I really hope that doesn't mean what I think it means.

Agree on the music, it's kind of a common flaw with horror games. To keep playing it until the player has moved on seems like a good idea. And maybe try and make the transition between chill-music and scary music less obvious, so you can't just sit around and wait for the creepy drums to stop playing Wink
07-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(07-14-2012, 05:44 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
O.O ... as a non-native english speaker I really hope that doesn't mean what I think it means.

Agree on the music, it's kind of a common flaw with horror games. To keep playing it until the player has moved on seems like a good idea. And maybe try and make the transition between chill-music and scary music less obvious, so you can't just sit around and wait for the creepy drums to stop playing Wink
It means exactly what you're thinking.

What I'd like seeing done with the monster music, is keep it in there but make quite a varid selection of tracks and ambiences that it cycles through, that way we wouldn't be able to distinct it as that ''Oh, there's a monster behind me'' sound but still get the tension that music can provide.
07-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Find
Oink Offline

(07-14-2012, 05:52 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 05:44 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:

It means exactly what you're thinking.

What I'd like seeing done with the monster music, is keep it in there but make quite a varid selection of tracks and ambiences that it cycles through, that way we wouldn't be able to distinct it as that ''Oh, there's a monster behind me'' sound but still get the tension that music can provide.
I do hope that they leave in the 'monster is chasing you' sound/music, or at least something like it. It's very effective at inducing panic in the player. Smile
07-14-2012, 06:06 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

I wonder if they're going to change it. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that they probably won't reuse it. Maybe they'll create a new sound of that nature. I could imagine heavy drums could also suffice.

I can't really see them getting rid of the monster music, that's a pretty big factor in the terror, whether it helps you know when it's there or not.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2012, 07:16 PM by Potato.)
07-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: A machine for pigs trailer in minecraft.

(07-14-2012, 12:00 PM)Traggey Wrote: Dooon't make this thread into a youtube advert thing, I'm still not sure wether I should actually let this thread stay or not.

Why? I see nothing wrong.

07-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: A machine for pigs trailer in minecraft.

(07-14-2012, 07:54 PM)Scraper Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 12:00 PM)Traggey Wrote: Dooon't make this thread into a youtube advert thing, I'm still not sure wether I should actually let this thread stay or not.

Why? I see nothing wrong.
Neh, nor do I really, just been quite hard on the whole youtube thing from a while back with all the let's players filling up the forums.

However I don't intent to touch this as it really has nothing to do with LP'ing.

I did enjoy the video, good work.
07-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Find