Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia in Kotakus 12 Best Games on PC
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Amnesia in Kotakus 12 Best Games on PC

I really don't have anything more to add, everyone else more or less summed up my feelings, other then

Quote: @Hunter of Shadows

A shooter isn't worth to take place in best list.

This isn't only my opinion, this is fact.

It is no art (ideas) to make a shooter game, and ego shooters also doesn't immerse the player.

Only people, who grown up with that and never plays other games. Look at
the Call of Duty action crap shit for teenagers smash-them-up clichees.

And surreal, science-fiction fantasy settings also aren't credible to be worth to play.
This is easily one of the most ignorant and narrow-minded things I've seen posted on this forum, or on a lot of forums, that's impressive for all the wrong reasons
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012, 02:05 AM by Hunter of Shadows.)
02-11-2012, 02:04 AM
Website Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

^^^^ Seconded. It's amazing how much work went into Battlefield 3. Just seeing a bullet slowly lose altitude being affected over a distance by gravity, or environmental damage that Call of Duty still only dreams of, and not to mention if you have the hardware to run all the settings maxed out it looks better than 90% of the games out there. Multiplayer is phenominal. Definitely an amazing shooter and definitely belongs on that list.
02-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Find
xdeath Offline

Threads: 2

(02-10-2012, 06:35 PM)Arvuti Wrote:
Quote: Steam is the greatest shit what you can have.It destroyed all games. A game is nothing worth with Steam obligation.
So, I'll never buy a game that uses Steam.
Steam and DRM activation is an inadmissible protection!!!
Lovely.
Get off the forums... right now. Steam saved Frictional. Not only that, but indie developers love the Steam.
Publishers(EA mostly) are whats killing games.

(02-11-2012, 02:04 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: I really don't have anything more to add, everyone else more or less summed up my feelings, other then

Quote: @Hunter of Shadows

A shooter isn't worth to take place in best list.

This isn't only my opinion, this is fact.

It is no art (ideas) to make a shooter game, and ego shooters also doesn't immerse the player.

Only people, who grown up with that and never plays other games. Look at
the Call of Duty action crap shit for teenagers smash-them-up clichees.

And surreal, science-fiction fantasy settings also aren't credible to be worth to play.
This is easily one of the most ignorant and narrow-minded things I've seen posted on this forum, or on a lot of forums, that's impressive for all the wrong reasons
Yep, the worst of youtube is more informed than this.

(02-11-2012, 08:09 AM)dph314 Wrote: ^^^^ Seconded. It's amazing how much work went into Battlefield 3. Just seeing a bullet slowly lose altitude being affected over a distance by gravity, or environmental damage that Call of Duty still only dreams of, and not to mention if you have the hardware to run all the settings maxed out it looks better than 90% of the games out there. Multiplayer is phenominal. Definitely an amazing shooter and definitely belongs on that list.
May I direct you to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series. Realistic mechanics, survival Horror to top it all.

02-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Find
dph314 Offline

Oh I've got all 3. Been on Call of Pripyat for a while. Play it on and off, haven't beat it yet. Definitely a good shooter, with a decent bit of creepiness
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012, 01:40 PM by dph314.)
02-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(02-11-2012, 08:09 AM)dph314 Wrote: ...and not to mention if you have the hardware to run all the settings maxed out it looks better than 90% of the games out there. Multiplayer is phenominal. Definitely an amazing shooter and definitely belongs on that list.
I played Battlefield 3 in ultra details and the graphics are standard at all.

Textures look like from 2006, the game id full of "follow me, open the door, come here, help me, follow again, shoot them up and kill all".
My brother bought the game, I'm not a shooter player, but I played it to see how games are I don't like.
And there was nothing immersing. It was boring at all, no content, all the same, only shoot shoot shoot.
And the graphics are bad, particularly the textures.
I hate all action shit games where are cutscenes, quick-time events and no time for rest.
You mentioned the graphics, there are other games looking much better than this.

And the quality of graphics said nothing about the quality of the game.
Old games like Gothic or Indiana Jones and the infernal machine are one of the best games the world has.
A shooter is boring by default, and when its setting is for teenagers with action boom boom, it will be still more boring.

Don't compare successfully and goodness. This are two separate things.
Most people are playing bad games, so this is why shooters or hack 'n' slay RPGs are successful.
Or look at the Nintendo Wii shit games. They're successful like an oil billionnaire, but the most crap what you can find in the universe. Only because most people are kitschy.

02-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

Battlefield 3 and "textures from 2006" in the same paragraph? We may be playing different games.
How can you complain about "only shooting" in a shooter?
I don't know, I like it.
02-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Find
Gasjockey Offline

Threads: 1

(02-11-2012, 03:58 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(02-11-2012, 08:09 AM)dph314 Wrote: ...and not to mention if you have the hardware to run all the settings maxed out it looks better than 90% of the games out there. Multiplayer is phenominal. Definitely an amazing shooter and definitely belongs on that list.
I played Battlefield 3 in ultra details and the graphics are standard at all.

Textures look like from 2006, the game id full of "follow me, open the door, come here, help me, follow again, shoot them up and kill all".
My brother bought the game, I'm not a shooter player, but I played it to see how games are I don't like.
And there was nothing immersing. It was boring at all, no content, all the same, only shoot shoot shoot.
And the graphics are bad, particularly the textures.
I hate all action shit games where are cutscenes, quick-time events and no time for rest.
You mentioned the graphics, there are other games looking much better than this.

And the quality of graphics said nothing about the quality of the game.
Old games like Gothic or Indiana Jones and the infernal machine are one of the best games the world has.
A shooter is boring by default, and when its setting is for teenagers with action boom boom, it will be still more boring.

Don't compare successfully and goodness. This are two separate things.
Most people are playing bad games, so this is why shooters or hack 'n' slay RPGs are successful.
Or look at the Nintendo Wii shit games. They're successful like an oil billionnaire, but the most crap what you can find in the universe. Only because most people are kitschy.
[Image: yEePt.gif]

Really?

Ok, we've been through this way too many times now, but STOP CLAIMING YOUR OPINIONS AS FACTS! They're not facts, and to me at least (and probably most of the other forumers) they seem extremely uninformed, closed-minded and just plain stupid! Just fucking leave if this is all you can contribute to these forums.

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
02-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(02-11-2012, 04:16 PM)Gasjockey Wrote: Just fucking leave if this is all you can contribute to these forums.
You are the guy who should leave this forums by your opinion.

Go to the EA forum and troll about Battlefield, Dead Space, Sims or Undaground.
There are enough other trolls.

And you really don't know what I contributed here. There will be more good stuff soon.
And you, don't compare epic masterpieces like Amnesia or Penumbra with action games for big mass!

02-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

(02-10-2012, 05:58 PM)Googolplex Wrote: @Hunter of Shadows
So wait, what is worth to play ? Mass Effect is one of the best series of this current video game generation, it's an amazing mix of action and cinematic story telling.

Mass Effect 2 still remains as one of the highest rated games in metacritic.

02-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Find
xdeath Offline

Threads: 2

(02-11-2012, 05:22 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Go to the EA forum and troll about Battlefield, Dead Space, Sims or Undaground.
There are enough other trolls.
I think you got the definition of troll backwards.

02-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Find