Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Palistov's Holiday Series
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

A legend tells of a guarded treasure hidden in a cave, but its origin is far more sinister than one might think. It is said to have been accumulated over decades, from the belongings of treasure hunters who wandered into the cave, never to return.

This series will not continue further than St. Patrick's Day 2012's release. I will be devoting my time to school and a very demanding project which constitutes and extremely long-term commitment. Like, about a year long. Yep.

Download and play Hunter!
1 2

Overwrite all files if needed, small patches may have been applied since the V-day mod.

A mod focused around subtle story-telling, hyper-realism, and short but meaningful experiences.

The Advent 2011 map is not included in this multi-conversion series. You can get it in custom story format here.

If you're interested in learning more about the mod, you can visit the development thread here.

Instructions

.:. Download Latest Version - Be sure to see below for installation/playing instructions. They vary depending on what OS you're running on, as well as your purchase method of Amnesia (retail/Steam)

- ModDB link
- Public Dropbox link
- more links to be added soon

Spoiler below!

Release/patch notes
-------------------------
.:. 02.13.2012 .:.
- Releasing mod a day early. Perhaps some happy couples can enjoy the mod together on V-Day evening?
- Report bugs via this thread or (preferably) PM.
- If you have a retail version of Amnesia (not bought through Steam), go to below link to get retail bat launcher.

.:. Installation - Simply extract the 'PalistovHolidaySeries' folder into your Amnesia root.

.:. Playing (Retail Amnesia) - Use the Retail version bat launcher . Must be placed directly in Amnesia root.

.:. Playing (Windows) - Run the bat launcher -- do NOT move it out of its current directory. Choose which mod to run by entering the appropriate number. An invalid option will close the launcher.

.:. Playing (Mac) - I've scoured the interwebs trying to find a cure-all solution to running total conversions on a Mac. I've found multiple methods but haven't been able to get one to work, since I do not own a Mac and had to walk a friend through the steps. Here are some options -- see if any work for you.

1) For Steam-users: Right click on Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Under the General tab, click Set Launch Options. Add 'PalistovHolidaySeries/config/1_main_init.cfg' (remember to change the number according to which mod you want to run. Don't forget to remove this launch option if you want to play The Dark Descent (or play any custom stories).

2) Retail-users: Open Terminal, and enter this command 'open /Applications/Amnesia.app --args PalistovHolidaySeries/config/1_main_init.cfg' (change the directories to point to wherever your Amnesia application is installed.

3) Steam or Retail: If you don't have Steam, download and install it. Then follow these steps.

Spoiler below!

- Open Steam.
- Go to Games > Add a non-Steam game to My library
- Browse for Amnesia, ensure the box is checked then click Add Selected Programs
- Look for a game called 'Amnesia'. Right click it and click on Properties.
- Change the name so you know which mod it is.
- In the Target: field, go to the end and add PalistovHolidaySeries/config/1_main_init.cfg
- Change the integer before _main_init to match which mod you want this application to launch.
- Save the settings and launch. Enjoy!

NOTE: I'm not 100% sure this method will work. It probably depends on whether you have a retail or steam installation of Amnesia. Either way, there is an option for you to launch it.

.:. Playing (Linux) - Since all Linux users are geniuses, they know how to launch Amnesia with the appropriate arguments. I am no such genius.

Same as above, essentially.

.:. Un-install - Delete the PalistovHolidaySeries folder from your Amnesia root. You can also remove the any non-Steam applications you added to your Steam Games library. Delete the bat launcher from your Amnesa root if you used a retail launcher.

Valentine's Day 2012 | A Visit to Katherine
Every day is exactly the same for Albert. Exactly the same. But once a year, he is reintroduced to an extraordinary person who changed his life forever, and continues to guide him in ways nobody else could.

St. Patrick's Day 2012 | Hunter
A legend tells of a guarded treasure hidden in a cave, but its origin is far more sinister than one might think. It is said to have been accumulated over decades, from the belongings of treasure hunters who wandered into the cave, never to return.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2012, 08:29 AM by palistov.)
02-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Palistov's Holiday Series

I can't get it working "I extracted that folder in amnesia root folder then press "launch bat" and press 1 and enter.

Then this comes: Could not load main init file: PalistovHolidaySeries/config/1_main_init.cfg

and what terminal I must open to change that thing?

“Life is a game, play it”
02-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Humiliation, make sure your folder structure is:
AmnesiaRoot > PalistovHolidaySeries > (PHS game files here)

I double and triple checked the download files and successfully launched the mod at least three times before packaging and uploading.

02-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(02-13-2012, 10:16 PM)palistov Wrote: Humiliation, make sure your folder structure is:
AmnesiaRoot > PalistovHolidaySeries > (PHS game files here)

I double and triple checked the download files and successfully launched the mod at least three times before packaging and uploading.

Yes it is right here in my computer: D:\Games\Amnesia The Dark Descent\Amnesia\PalistovHolidaySeries

I don't get it working.. Really weird :/ Other mods works perfectly.

“Life is a game, play it”
02-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Yeah I just checked again, it works fine. Try re-extracting all of the files again. Perhaps you missed one Tongue

02-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Works for me (Steam). Fails for me (Retail).

Issue: .bat file not in proper place for retail.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 11:01 PM by Your Computer.)
02-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Website Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

YC any suggestions for fixing retail? How's the folder structure for retail?

02-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(02-13-2012, 11:46 PM)palistov Wrote: YC any suggestions for fixing retail? How's the folder structure for retail?

The same way as i stated in my full conversion tutorial: .bat has to be in the same folder as Amnesia.exe. This means editing your .bat file and removing ..\

02-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Website Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Strange. Can't imagine why that wouldn't work. Are you trying this on your Linux system? I don't know if that syntax works there too.

02-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Linux can't run .bat files (at least not without third-party support, which i'm not sure if there is any). I would have stated to do it the way you did in my tutorial if i didn't run into the same issue that HumiliatioN did.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2012, 12:56 AM by Your Computer.)
02-14-2012, 12:55 AM
Website Find