Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Objects in Custom Stories
Hericks Offline

Threads: 1
Missing Objects in Custom Stories

Hi, I've been having a bit of trouble with the custom stories missing objects that are vital to proceeding in the game. I first had several problems with "White Night" where doors were missing or sideways, objects vanished when I was moving them around, (I think they somehow fell out of the game), then the objects would reappear in another part of the level, but it was it was streatched out across part of the level, I couldn't touch it, and just walked through it. Then several graphics were missing, like some bodies, and hints, and then I came to a part where a tool was missing, the gas can, making it impossible to proceed in that game. At first, I thought it was just that mod, but then I also had some trouble in "Dark Room" where the projector was missing, making it impossible to proceed in that game as well. I'm not sure if objects were missing in the other story I downloaded, or in the original game story, because if there were, they did niot interfere with the progress of the game. but can someone help me with this?

My computer I am using is a 64-bit Windows 7 desktop.
It is also a firly powerful gaming computer (a "Chimera" from iBuyPower)
I also attached my HPL.log file to this message.
Thank you for your time

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 10.5 KB / Downloads: 122)
02-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Missing Objects in Custom Stories

I believe both need the Justine, v1.20 patch, which the log says you have v1.10. Also, was the stretched out object in White Night a bed?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Your game seems to be 1.1 which is quite old. Why didn't you update it?
Also, for White Night, can you upload hpl.log under Documents/Amnesia/White_night so I can see if everything is in place, because yesterday I got a mail and it was a wrong installation.

02-12-2012, 04:21 AM
Website Find
Hericks Offline

(02-11-2012, 08:23 PM)Your Computer Wrote: I believe both need the Justine, v1.20 patch, which the log says you have v1.10. Also, was the stretched out object in White Night a bed?

Yeah, it was a bed. The mattress I think.
Where can I get this "Justine, v1.20 patch"?
02-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(02-12-2012, 08:02 AM)Hericks Wrote: Yeah, it was a bed. The mattress I think.

Beds are known to have that issue. Just don't play around with them and it should be fine.

Where'd you get the game from?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2012, 08:09 AM by Your Computer.)
02-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Website Find
Hericks Offline

(02-12-2012, 04:21 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Your game seems to be 1.1 which is quite old. Why didn't you update it?
Also, for White Night, can you upload hpl.log under Documents/Amnesia/White_night so I can see if everything is in place, because yesterday I got a mail and it was a wrong installation.
I didn't know I had to update. How exactly do I do that if you don't mind me asking.
I attached that file to this message. I hope it helps.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 8.92 KB / Downloads: 110)
02-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Find
Hericks Offline

(02-12-2012, 08:08 AM)Your Computer Wrote:
(02-12-2012, 08:02 AM)Hericks Wrote: Yeah, it was a bed. The mattress I think.

Beds are known to have that issue. Just don't play around with them and it should be fine.

Where'd you get the game from?

It's a retail version, but I did a little looking, and I found an update. I tried installing it, and it appears to have fixed the problem! The bodies and graphics I saw in the youtube video of White Night have appeared in my game! Of coarse the beds still have issues, but I remember seeing that in the youtube video as well, and from your comment, it appears that's just a bug in the game.
The update has also fixed the issue I was having in Dark Room! So I think everything is fixed for the moment!

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it! ^^
(02-12-2012, 04:21 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Your game seems to be 1.1 which is quite old. Why didn't you update it?

Hay, I found that update, and it appears to have fixed the problems I was having, and it appears that all is well with my game, for the time being anyway.
Thank you for your assistance! Wink
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2012, 11:06 AM by Hericks.)
02-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Find
thephoenix1860 Offline

Threads: 4

well, so where can I find the update for Amnesia?
Because i also have the old version^^
02-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Find