Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you take too long time in a room...
Crafter Offline

Threads: 1
Information  If you take too long time in a room...

In my first play trough of Amnesia, i took quite a while in the sewers in the room called Cistern. And when i got the puzzle down, the room got put into the "shadows" mess and the water had water monsters in it.

In my second playtrough i plowed threw the room, but then no shadow.

What other rooms have this?
02-12-2012, 03:51 AM
Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2
RE: If you take too long time in a room...

This has nothing to do with how long you take in a room. There are random events and effects that can occur based on Daniel's sanity. If your sanity has been low for a long time, the effects will be greater.
02-14-2012, 04:08 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(02-12-2012, 03:51 AM)Crafter Wrote: In my first play trough of Amnesia, i took quite a while in the sewers in the room called Cistern. And when i got the puzzle down, the room got put into the "shadows" mess and the water had water monsters in it.

In my second playtrough i plowed threw the room, but then no shadow.

What other rooms have this?
It's dependent on how low your sanity is, but other then that it's a random effect
02-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Website Find
Mega Derp Man Offline

Threads: 0

Actully, I've went through a level with only a slight headache, and a monster appeared, and i went through the same level with hands shaking and headache and the same thing happened. I had a headache posting this if you read this the day after this was posted or something, so I may be wrong about the same thing happening with the sanity stuff.
03-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

I thought it depended on whether or not you got the vaccine before you got around to draining the sewers, as the shadow seems to appear when it's time to move along.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(04-03-2012, 12:31 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: I thought it depended on whether or not you got the vaccine before you got around to draining the sewers, as the shadow seems to appear when it's time to move along.
That isn't the case, because the first time I played through I drained the sewer first and the shadow appeared in the water area, and my friend played this through, and didn't get the shadow and he didn't get the vaccine first either. Pretty sure it depends on your sanity level

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
04-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-08-2012, 09:15 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
(04-03-2012, 12:31 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: I thought it depended on whether or not you got the vaccine before you got around to draining the sewers, as the shadow seems to appear when it's time to move along.
That isn't the case, because the first time I played through I drained the sewer first and the shadow appeared in the water area, and my friend played this through, and didn't get the shadow and he didn't get the vaccine first either. Pretty sure it depends on your sanity level
Yeah, I checked the code: It doesn't occur if your sanity is above 75 (which should mean "Crystal clear."). My first assumption was wrong.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2012, 09:22 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Find