Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you think Penumbra/Amnesia should be for a console? such as xbox 360 or ps3
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
40.00%
6 40.00%
No.
60.00%
9 60.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Penumbra/Amnesia for consoles?
TaCTiCaLxReFLeX Offline

Threads: 6
Penumbra/Amnesia for consoles?

While I was playing Penumbra and amnesia this past week, I thought how cool Penumbra and/or amnesia would be for something like....lets say an xbox 360. I realize the low possibility but i would have to say it would be cool.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 08:35 PM by TaCTiCaLxReFLeX.)
02-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Penumbra/Amnesia for consoles?

To be fare, I think most horror games should be played on PC. Something about physically pulling and moving objects with the mouse makes the game that much better (another reason it shouldn't be on console, interaction would be difficult)

Think A Little, Change A Lot
02-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Find
TaCTiCaLxReFLeX Offline

What do you guys think? good idea? or bad idea?
(02-13-2012, 03:35 PM)BrooksyFC Wrote: To be fare, I think most horror games should be played on PC. Something about physically pulling and moving objects with the mouse makes the game that much better (another reason it shouldn't be on console, interaction would be difficult)
I understand what you mean, but the interactions could be brought over. I could even think of some controller commands for interactions. the first one that came into my head was Holding down LB and while holding that down using LT and RT to move doors for example. I know thats not the most significant idea but it works.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 03:42 PM by TaCTiCaLxReFLeX.)
02-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

If you like to try playing with a gamepad you can try (demo works) the onlive version, it has gamepad support. I think it works rather well, especially considering the game was not created with gamepads in mind.
02-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Website Find
TaCTiCaLxReFLeX Offline

(02-13-2012, 03:57 PM)jens Wrote: If you like to try playing with a gamepad you can try (demo works) the onlive version, it has gamepad support. I think it works rather well, especially considering the game was not created with gamepads in mind.
hmm, I dont have a gamepad but I might try to get one maybe if they are not expensive.
And what about a Multiplayer? I know that sounds kinda dumb because it would not go with the story of Amnesia or penumbra but.........you know what....... okay what would be cool (Lets use Penumbra BP for example) if there were like 2 or 3 or even more people playing through penumbra maps trying not to be found by the infected. but at the same time a couple people are playing as the INFECTED trying to hunt the PHILIPs(or their username). If you get what I mean by all this tell me what you think, Im curious about what others are thinking.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 05:40 PM by TaCTiCaLxReFLeX.)
02-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

I may have to try it with a pad, might work well, but I am used to pc more Tongue

Multiplayer has been mentioned a few times in threads. I like the idea of a "hide n seek" sorta mode. One person hides in the castle (as Daniel) and the other hunters them down (as a grunt or brute) but they have the advantage of destroying objects and door e.t.c. Things like team deathmatch would be ridiculous haha

Think A Little, Change A Lot
02-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Find
TaCTiCaLxReFLeX Offline

(02-13-2012, 05:50 PM)BrooksyFC Wrote: I may have to try it with a pad, might work well, but I am used to pc more Tongue

Multiplayer has been mentioned a few times in threads. I like the idea of a "hide n seek" sorta mode. One person hides in the castle (as Daniel) and the other hunters them down (as a grunt or brute) but they have the advantage of destroying objects and door e.t.c. Things like team deathmatch would be ridiculous haha
Haha yeah this isnt call of duty but "hide n seek" would be pretty cool I would probably even pay for it if it was developed

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 05:52 PM by TaCTiCaLxReFLeX.)
02-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Find
Steffano Offline

Threads: 1

I think that it would be a really good idea but we know that its very unlikely. I love the thought of putting Amnesia into my PS3 or something like that.
02-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Find
TaCTiCaLxReFLeX Offline

(02-13-2012, 05:53 PM)Steffano Wrote: I think that it would be a really good idea but we know that its very unlikely. I love the thought of putting Amnesia into my PS3 or something like that.
Yeah it would be sweet as heck
02-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Find
Steffano Offline

Threads: 1

Even though this sounds sad, the thought of Amnesia having PS3 Trophys is just EPIC! I think Frictional Games need to go into this area for a horror game
02-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Find