Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Box art available for Linux users?
zeb Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Box art available for Linux users?

Hi,

I understand that for cost reasons, only the Windows version of the game is shipped as "hard copies". However, would that be possible, for Linux downloaders, to get the box art (and CD picture) as image files? I'd be glad to create my own box myself, using my inkjet printer.

What do you think?

Many thanks.
09-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Find
Gemini Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Box art available for Linux users?

That sounds a cool idea !

I would add my vote on this feature. At least something to create our own CD jacket.

Well of course the best would be that in a single box, all versions would work so that it won't cost more to sell Windows or Linux version. A bit like they did for Neverwinter Nights : all the game data are system independant, and only the executable is linux or windows which makes it easy to provide multi platform on a single CD/DVD.
10-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Find
helmcken Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago BOX ART for download purchasers, PLEASE

Cool I agree! I downloaded the Linux version, but would love to have the box art! Maybe I'm showing my age, but the album cover art of the 33 records, especially on double albums, is a treasure in itself! Penumbra won't be complete until I get the box art!
This topic is also discussed in the general discussion area under the CD Cover Art thread. A member who's handle is Grodz Andrey, posted these most awesome Russian covers for all three games!! (I'd show them or place a link to that here, but don't know how! Editor/Moderator: Could you, please?) Well worth taking a look! I'm going to use them for now! Cool!!
11-20-2009, 04:55 AM
Find
msp301 Offline

I downloaded the Linux version of the Penumbra Collection and decided to make my own CD case cover, although it's only in black & white as I don't have a colour printer. But if you're interested, I've attached the case insert, Enjoy Smile

.png   penumbra_collection_cover.png (Size: 139.42 KB / Downloads: 151)
05-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(10-01-2007, 09:02 PM)Gemini Wrote: Well of course the best would be that in a single box, all versions would work so that it won't cost more to sell Windows or Linux version ... all the game data are system independant, and only the executable is linux or windows which makes it easy to provide multi platform on a single CD/DVD.

Remember that there's Mac version as well. Wink

By the way, just an off-topic question:
Is there the 'super_secret.exe' file on the Linux version?

05-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Website Find
msp301 Offline

(05-03-2010, 01:10 PM)Scraper Wrote: By the way, just an off-topic question:
Is there the 'super_secret.exe' file on the Linux version?

I just searched for it on the Collection and a "super_secret.zip" exists, except it's password protected . . . hmm :S
05-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Yeah, it is.
If you can solve the password (you collect all the artifacts in Black Plague and you'll get the password in the end of the game), maybe you'll find something that you can use as a box art... Wink But, as I said - maybe...

Also, that password works for something in the game.

05-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Website Find