Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fully custom item, need help getting it working.
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
Fully custom item, need help getting it working.

So, I'm creating a custom item for my story. I've got a new model and it's set to be an item which you can pick up. Within the game, the item glows as it should indicating that you can pick it up, and it also shows the hand when aiming at it. However I can not pick it up. I've gotten a suggestion that an icon file is needed. However I can not find any proper information about file formats, locations and image dimensions the logo needs to be. Anyone got some nice info on that for me?
02-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Fully custom item, need help getting it working.

The game makes use of the DevIL library. Anything that library supports should work with the game. For sake of organization, simply place the image file in the same folder as the entity. If the inventory image is too big, you shouldn't be able to pick up the item, so just shrink the image until everything looks and works fine.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Fully custom item, need help getting it working.

I have located the original icon files, will work off'o these, should be able to get it working now. Thanks.

Sucess, the object can now be picked up. You need a 60 X 60 .tga image file with an alpha channel and it needs to be asigned to the .ent through the settings in the model editor. Cheers.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012, 08:51 PM by Traggey.)
02-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Find