Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Dissapearing Wall
Stepper321 Offline

Threads: 26
Dissapearing Wall

Hello! I am a medium/beginner in scripting for Amnesia, but i don't know how to make a dissapearing wall and an appearing wall, cause when you walk to an certain place you get a sanity damage of 5 and an earthquacke happens, but i want to remove a wall then. How do you do that Big Grin ?
02-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12
RE: Dissapearing Wall

Make wall entity Smile

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
02-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Website Find
GoranGaming Offline

Threads: 30

Well, first you need to name the wall, name it to "WallDissapear" Also make the are that the player collides with. Name it CollideWallDissapear

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "CollideWallDissapear", "RemoveWallFunc", true, 1);

}

void RemoveWallFunc(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("WallDissapear", false)
GiveSanityDamage(5, true);
}

This will make the wall dissapear and remove sanity but I don't know how to make a earthquake.

Current projects:

The Dark Prison 85 % (Stopped working on this one)

Unnamed Project 7 %
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2012, 09:47 PM by GoranGaming.)
02-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Website Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

(02-20-2012, 09:46 PM)GoranGaming Wrote: Well, first you need to name the wall, name it to "WallDissapear" Also make the are that the player collides with. Name it CollideWallDissapear

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "CollideWallDissapear", "RemoveWallFunc", true, 1);

}

void RemoveWallFunc(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("WallDissapear", false)
GiveSanityDamage(5, true);
}

This will make the wall dissapear and remove sanity but I don't know how to make a earthquake.
This wont remove a wall. Because walls are static objects you first need to convert them to a staticProp(entity) and then create a body so the player wont walk through the wall. Then when you've done that you can remove the walls through scripting

02-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

I don't know where they are but I found a model pack with all the walls that were entities. Shame I can't find them now.

02-21-2012, 03:21 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(02-20-2012, 09:49 PM)SilentStriker Wrote: This wont remove a wall. Because walls are static objects you first need to convert them to a staticProp(entity) and then create a body so the player wont walk through the wall. Then when you've done that you can remove the walls through scripting

Actually, they need to be converted to Object::Static entity type.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-21-2012, 06:53 AM
Website Find