Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Lang File Help Dev. Mode - No more lang info
BadCoverMan Offline

Threads: 7
Dev. Mode - No more lang info

I just recently did all things necessary to implement the Debug menu and "development mode," but now anything that's supposed to come from the .lang file is not showing up. All of my notes are blank and the keys/doors are nameless. I think it might have something to do with this.

<Map File="" Folder="" StartPos="" />

I know the "Folder" should be in the main maps folder, but besides the .map file I don't know what else should be in said folder. I've tried the entire Custom Story folder, a random folder with just the .map file in it, etc. The game is loading fine and the debug menu works but like I said, no lang info.

I would appreciate any insight.
Thank you.
02-22-2012, 03:11 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Dev. Mode - No more lang info

This is not unheard of, and has happened to many people. The workaround is to test your story with a profile that doesn't have developer mode enabled. But i would be interested in seeing your main_settings.cfg and user_settings.cfg file.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-22-2012, 03:54 AM
Website Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

Pretty much what your computer said. Dev mode profiles can't see the .lang files. But in my case I'm pretty sure it works for me anyway.

02-22-2012, 04:00 AM
Find
BadCoverMan Offline

(02-22-2012, 03:54 AM)Your Computer Wrote: This is not unheard of, and has happened to many people. The workaround is to test your story with a profile that doesn't have developer mode enabled. But i would be interested in seeing your main_settings.cfg and user_settings.cfg file.
Here is my main_settings.cfg file.
Spoiler below!

<Main ShowMenu="false" ExitMenuDirectly="true" SaveConfig="false" DefaultProfileName="dev_user" UpdateLogActive="false" LoadDebugMenu="true" StartLanguage="english.lang" ScreenShotExt="jpg" ForceCacheLoadingAndSkipSaving="false" ShowPreMenu="false" />
<Graphics TextureQuality="1" TextureFilter="1" TextureAnisotropy="1.000000" Gamma="1.000000" Shadows="1" SSAOActive="false" SSAOSamples="8" ShadowQuality="0" ShadowResolution="1" SSAOResolution="0" ParallaxEnabled="false" WorldReflection="false" EdgeSmooth="false" GBufferType="0" NumOfGBufferTextures="3" OcclusionTestLights="true" Refraction="true" ShadowsActive="true" ParallaxQuality="0" ForceShaderModel3And4Off="false" PostEffectBloom="true" PostEffectImageTrail="true" PostEffectSepia="true" PostEffectRadialBlur="true" PostEffectInsanity="true" />
<Engine LimitFPS="true" SleepWhenOutOfFocus="true" />
<Screen Width="1280" Height="720" FullScreen="false" Vsync="false" />
<Physics PhysicsAccuracy="2" UpdatesPerSec="60.000000" />
<Sound Device="0" Volume="0.100000" MaxChannels="32" StreamBuffers="4" StreamBufferSize="262144" />
<MapLoad FastPhysicsLoad="false" FastStaticLoad="false" FastEntityLoad="false" />

And here is my user_settings.cfg file.
Spoiler below!

<Game ShowCommentary="false" ShowCrossHair="true" FocusIconStyle="Default" ShowDeathHints="true" ShowSubtitles="true" ShowEffectSubtitles="false" ShowHints="true" />
<Debug ShowFPS="false" ShowSoundPlaying="false" ShowPlayerInfo="false" ShowEntityInfo="false" SaveCheckPointOnMapLoad="false" ShowDebugMessages="false" UseProgLog="false" ScriptDebugOn="true" InspectionMode="false" DisableFlashBacks="false" DrawPhysics="false" ReloadFromCurrentPosition="true" AllowQuickSave="true" />
<Input InvertMouse="false" SmoothMouse="true" MouseSensitivity="1.300000" />
<Map File="" Folder="" StartPos="" />

02-22-2012, 04:12 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I was hoping to duplicate your issue on my system, but, unfortunately, i could not duplicate your issue though i overwrote my configuration with yours.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-22-2012, 04:55 AM
Website Find
BadCoverMan Offline

(02-22-2012, 04:55 AM)Your Computer Wrote: I was hoping to duplicate your issue on my system, but, unfortunately, i could not duplicate your issue though i overwrote my configuration with yours.
Well thanks for trying. Appreciate it.

02-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Find