Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Official "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" Lego?
Victory63 Offline

Threads: 3
Official "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" Lego?

With the recent news of an official Lego Minecraft set to be released, shows that anything is possible provided fans show demand for it. As seen with Lego Cuusoo, any property could be turned into official Lego sets provided it has 10,000 votes and consent from the owner of the license. So my suggestion is that if possible, could we maybe try to see any official Amnesia: the Dark Descent Lego featuring sets or mini-figures based on the series?

Either just one set or a collection of figures based on the characters would be
amazing. Plus through Lego Cuusoo, you'd be able to see before production an
exact number of predicted sales based on the votes for the project.

So hopefully, could Frictional Games ever consider making an official Lego set(s)
based on the game through the Lego Cuusoo program?

It's possible that we could make some concept models of what the sets could look like which can be used for the proposal if one was to be made.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2012, 01:35 AM by Victory63.)
02-23-2012, 01:29 AM
Find
she Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Official "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" Lego?

It sounds awesome... but I just want more Frictional merchandise in general. Like, y'know, shirts? Maybe? Possibly?! SIGH.

[Image: f59ljn.gif]
02-23-2012, 01:33 AM
Website Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

I'm absolutely against. Sorry.
02-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Find
Crafter Offline

Threads: 1

Theres legitimate reasons why lego would relent this is...

One: Its horror... Not very child friendly if a child where to pick this up.

Two: Does not have much crativity to be formed as lego. I mean, look at star wars or harry potter. They have their own image while the image in amnesia are mostly inspired heavily on 1800's.

Three: Well... you can make an amnesia setting with existing lego sets.
02-24-2012, 12:13 AM
Find
Victory63 Offline

Threads: 3

(02-24-2012, 12:13 AM)Crafter Wrote: Theres legitimate reasons why lego would relent this is...

One: Its horror... Not very child friendly if a child where to pick this up.

Two: Does not have much crativity to be formed as lego. I mean, look at star wars or harry potter. They have their own image while the image in amnesia are mostly inspired heavily on 1800's.

Three: Well... you can make an amnesia setting with existing lego sets.
I can think of a number of Amnesia themed Lego sets in mind. Plus anything that's produced through the Lego Cuusoo program wont be sold the conventional way like main Lego ranges. Currently people are only able to pre-order the Minecraft Lego set through online store J!NX. On further note, in the past Lego have produced sets which are aimed at more older ages.

Amnesia has that sort of theme which would be ideal through Lego. I could create some concept designs as examples which then could be used for a proposal via the website.

The Lego Cuusoo process is simple. Any individual or party can create an account to which they then create a project about their idea for a Lego model. Within that project they can provide concept artwork and pictures to display their idea. Then it's up to the other members to vote on the project. Once it reaches 10,000 votes, the project will be reviewed and then created. After that, the creator will choose how the project will be sold. This is the process that Mojang went through to produce the Minecraft set.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2012, 02:25 AM by Victory63.)
02-24-2012, 02:02 AM
Find
TheGrandHero Offline

Amnesia just isn't a good fit for Lego sets. If FG wants to do merchandise I think there's better directions to go in.
02-24-2012, 03:42 AM
Find
Clord Offline

Threads: 7

What would be amazing is the sets to construct a levels with your hands. Kinda in concepts. Smile

But yeah, no for LEGO probably.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2012, 10:41 AM by Clord.)
02-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Find
she Offline

(02-24-2012, 10:40 AM)Clord Wrote: What would be amazing is the sets to construct a levels with your hands. Kinda in concepts. Smile

But yeah, no for LEGO probably.

I was thinking about this, but to be honest I'd probably just be interested in the minifigs. Can you imagine how cute a miniature Grunt would be?!

Little floating naked Alexander, too...

[Image: f59ljn.gif]
02-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Website Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

I'd love lego amnesia, just see how fitting it is:

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/242166

Can have your own judas cradle in lego, etc. Great stuff!
02-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Yeah good idea then give them to your children in the future and make them crazy motherfuckers.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

02-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Website Find