Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
White Night glitch, Missing ladders
DrWreck Offline

Threads: 1
White Night glitch, Missing ladders

So I really wanted to play through some custom stories on amnesia because I think it's a fantastic idea for gaming.

Anyway, big problem, I have no ladders in my game. I was stuck in -the first room- of White Night because I thought I was stupid, but I looked up a walk through online and it turns out there's just -not- a ladder where I need one to be to progress. It's possible this problem of missing items goes further than ladders, but that's all I can confirm since I can't progress.

Relevant information: I have Amnesia on Steam, and the mod through Desura. I uninstalled and reinstalled both, didn't fix the problem. Amnesia is fully updated and I verified the files and all that.

I found this forum by chance and I'm just about to give up. I imagine that there are many custom stories worth observing but I'm about to be stopped dead in my tracks before ever trying.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2012, 08:20 AM by DrWreck.)
02-28-2012, 04:22 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: White Night glitch, Missing ladders

I'm guessing you are stuck in the bathroom, where you need to turn off the showers on the right side AND need to pick up the key on the floor, near the washbasins.
If you have done those, and still no dice, I'd want to inspect your save and possibly give back a working one (Documents/Amnesia/White_night folder).

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2012, 07:54 AM by Tanshaydar.)
02-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Website Find
DrWreck Offline

Threads: 1

(02-28-2012, 07:53 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: I'm guessing you are stuck in the bathroom, where you need to turn off the showers on the right side AND need to pick up the key on the floor, near the washbasins.
If you have done those, and still no dice, I'd want to inspect your save and possibly give back a working one (Documents/Amnesia/White_night folder).
Hey you made this game, didn't you? Yes I see your name on it. Well you're a cool guy for helping me directly, also for creating art! It's a big deal. You know for only being able to play the first 5 minutes of this game 6 times in a row, it's pretty kick ass. Damn good job. I actually fixed this problem about 45 minutes ago. I had edited some Amnesia files during the potato sack valve promotion to get achievements. I checked, and somehow the alterations survived the uninstall reinstall. I just wanted to thank you for directing your personal attention to a tech support question on your mod, and I really look forward to playing through this story of your's.

02-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Thanks for the kind words Smile
I'm glad you solved the problem, I hope you'll enjoy White Night.

02-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Website Find
xXxALCATRAZxXx Offline

Threads: 0

(02-28-2012, 08:20 AM)DrWreck Wrote:
(02-28-2012, 07:53 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: I'm guessing you are stuck in the bathroom, where you need to turn off the showers on the right side AND need to pick up the key on the floor, near the washbasins.
Hey you made this game, didn't you? Yes I see your name on it. Well you're a cool guy for helping me directly, also for creating art! It's a big deal. You know for only being able to play the first 5 minutes of this game 6 times in a row, it's pretty kick ass. Damn good job. I actually fixed this problem about 45 minutes ago. I had edited some Amnesia files during the potato sack valve promotion to get achievements. I checked, and somehow the alterations survived the uninstall reinstall. I just wanted to thank you for directing your personal attention to a tech support question on your mod, and I really look forward to playing through this story of your's.
how to fix that please tell me or make a video tutorial i stucked in the bathroom

relly want to play white night

sorry for bad english
09-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Find