Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What do you think of my custom story ideas?
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

The CryptSadWIP)

Spoiler below!
Jeremy is a man who is almost bankrupt. He thinks he might repay his debts by breaking inside the McMillans' family crypt, an infamous and rich family who lived in a big mansion in the outskirts of his town. Rumors say their fortune lies somewhere beneath the crypt, waiting for someone to take it.
Features: Resized monsters.

The Man MachineSadWIP)

Spoiler below!
The protagonist is the son of a rich family in southern Transylvania. In a few days he'll marry a young woman and move to Buda (Hungary's capital). He takes a walk in the woods, but gets lost. He finds a hatch and climbs down a ladder unaware of the horrors that awaits him.
Features: Three new monsters, new entities, walls and sounds.

Memoria Integra IacturaSadWIP) DELETED!

Spoiler below!
A man wakes up in his mansion without any memory of himself or his past. He finds a note saying that his former self discovered something horrible, and he needs to find his old research about the "thing" threatening the world.

The Mummy's Revenge(In planning)

Spoiler below!
The english egyptologist Carter is excavating the tombs of ancient Egypt. His highest wish is to find something so astonishing that he will be mentioned in every history book printed from now on. But fame itself means nothing to John, he only wants to spend the rest of his life with Ellie, the woman he loves. He finds a tomb filled with astonishing treasures belonging to an earlier unknown pharao, and he is confident that Ellie will marry him. But he soon realises something is following him, something ancient, something vengeful, that wants to kill John.
Features: A desert, new entities, enemies, static objects and a story focusing on emotions. Also, the lantern will be replaced with and old-fasioned flashlight+batteries.

Descendit (In Planning):

Spoiler below!
The inhabitants of a village in Scotland have reported strange sounds and activity. You (a police), and your colleagues get there and follow strange footprints into a great forest. Suddenly you fall down through a hole in the ground into a strange underground facility. Your colleagues find another way into the strange facility but something takes them and the trail goes down deeper into the mouth of the underground facility. Features: Will be split in three episodes. Will contain new entities, five new enemies, three new wall types and good puzzles.

The Star of Africa (In planning):
Spoiler below!
You play as Randolph, an explorer that has dedicated himself to uncover the secrets of Africa. Under an expedition to Kongo, you find a strange diamond in an underground temple. Randolph is confused by its extraordinary size and unnatural shape. He takes the diamond back to Europe. During the trip back home he is plagued by horrible nightmares. He suspect that the strange diamond is somehow responsible for the nightmares. He thinks that by placing the diamond back in the temple, he can free himself from the nightmares. But can he do that with the strange creatures attacking him and his draining sanity? Features: Two new enemies, a jungle, a boat and a museum.

Many of my stories will feature new entities, enemies, static objects, sounds and such.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2012, 08:34 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
02-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: What do you think of my custom story ideas?

(02-28-2012, 03:14 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: What do you think of my custom story ideas?

The CryptSadWIP)

Sounds interesting. Keep it.

The Man MachineSadWIP)

The main chunk of the text seem to describe something other than "the main story". Drop it.

Memoria Integra IacturaSadWIP)

The "no memory" story has been done one time too many :> Drop it.

Sounds like a certain movie Smile Might work though! keep.

Descendit (In Planning):

Might be good as well. Keep.
(02-28-2012, 03:14 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: The Star of Africa (In planning):

Amnesia the dark descent? Drop it.

Many of my stories will feature new entities, enemies, static objects, sounds and such.

My two cents. I would also suggest that you focus on doing one story at a time. Since you are new; I don't think you will be learning thrice as fast, they stories will just come out thrice as crappy.

Making custom stories is like having sex: the first one will most likely be awkward and a little bit rushed. After a few times you'll get the hang of it though Wink

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

02-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Find
Leeeyam Offline

Threads: 22

I really like your custom story idea's and what I wanted to ask is if you had any source on these, or if you just made them up, I love the whole creation of custom story's and I do it quite well, but I lack the creativity of the story behind it ^^
02-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

The Crypt
Sound very interesting and with a modeler to make a crypt set then it would be awesome!

The Mummy's Revenge
Same as the cript, with a good modeler to make the tombs then it would be great Smile

02-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(02-28-2012, 03:47 PM)Acies Wrote:
(02-28-2012, 03:14 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: What do you think of my custom story ideas?

The CryptSadWIP)

Sounds interesting. Keep it.

The Man MachineSadWIP)

The main chunk of the text seem to describe something other than "the main story". Drop it.

Memoria Integra IacturaSadWIP)

The "no memory" story has been done one time too many :> Drop it.

Sounds like a certain movie Smile Might work though! keep.

Descendit (In Planning):

Might be good as well. Keep.
(02-28-2012, 03:14 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: The Star of Africa (In planning):

Amnesia the dark descent? Drop it.

My two cents. I would also suggest that you focus on doing one story at a time. Since you are new; I don't think you will be learning thrice as fast, they stories will just come out thrice as crappy.

Making custom stories is like having sex: the first one will most likely be awkward and a little bit rushed. After a few times you'll get the hang of it though Wink

Could you specify why you think I should drop The Star of Africa?

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2012, 05:26 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
02-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

As far as I can tell, The Star of Africa is incredibly similar to the story in Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

02-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(02-28-2012, 04:25 PM)Leeeyam Wrote: I really like your custom story idea's and what I wanted to ask is if you had any source on these, or if you just made them up, I love the whole creation of custom story's and I do it quite well, but I lack the creativity of the story behind it ^^

The Crypt was inspired by a Lovecraft story.

The Man Machine is completely made up by me.

The Mummy's Revenge is inspired by the movie "The Mummy"

Descendit is inspired by the original BioShock plot and penumbra.

The Star of Africa is not inspired by anything special.

02-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Think about it:
Main game: Daniel travels to egypt (which is located in Africa) picks up an orb (in your case diamond) and travels back to London (Europe). Daniel starts having nightmares due to the orb.

It's basically Amnesia the dark descent, without Alexander and castle Brennenburg. I'd suggest you drop it because of that :>

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

02-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(02-28-2012, 05:33 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: As far as I can tell, The Star of Africa is incredibly similar to the story in Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Yeh, but in the original game, you don't play as him during the expedition to Algeria, on the boat when he almost drowns or experience his nightmares. you only read or listen to Daniel telling about it in his diary entries. In "The Star of Africa" you will play on the boat, in the rainforest and in his nightmares.

The rainforest would allow me to experiment with lightning, particles and outdoor environment

The boat would allow me to experiment with textures, entities (the boat will sway), lightning, fog areas and other things.

02-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Find
Posting Freak

*BUMP*

I have a new idea...

<No title yet>
Spoiler below!
Set in 1995, you wake up in a smelly prison cell. After escaping it through a vent, you discover that you are held captive by a crazy scientist who went insane after his wife's death. He is think that he's got a way to bring her back to life by putting her into a cryo chamber and using an ancient artefact, the Dolor Cubus to extract Vita Substantia through torture. Seeking your revenge, and desperate to stop his madness you try to find your way through the facilities without getting killed by the human shells remaining of his torture victims.

03-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Find