Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Need tips from LPers.
OccultedNinJa Offline

Threads: 7
Question  Need tips from LPers.

Since Joe and I have upgraded both of our systems and are working on videos again, we're wanting to do another attempt at showing both points of view. We had a fairly decent attempt at it in our Take 2 of Recurring Nightmare seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKx6Jc4tLM4

My main issue with doing it is that audio from Joe's POV wasn't included without disturbing the flow of the video. The quality of his side is not an issue anymore, since he has built a new system for recording.

My question to you LPers is this. Do you have any tips or know-how on how we can include both viewpoints without disturbing the flow of our videos?
03-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Need tips from LPers.

The idea you two have going is quite unique and I can see it working out well for you, though to pull it off you're going to be editing quite a lot.

But here's my idea:

You know those facecam videos where they have the video in the top right/left of the screen? I would suggest putting the main PoV in the larger area of the screen with the other in the 'facecam' box I suppose you could say. Then you can do an alternate pan/enlargement of when things are changing up. Have a little blurb of white text under the 'facecam' box saying whose viewpoint it is and then change it depending on who is currently using the box.

The problem with the idea I think is the consistency of showing who is who - I like your idea of colored subtext to help determine that, but it's hard to pull off in Amnesia due to lack of character models and the like.

Best bet is to have a blurb of white text below both PoVs in my opinion, signifying who is who and alternating.

I feel I repeated myself right there a few times - this could be one of those 'it's easier to show you than explain it' things, but I believe in you!

Good luck. :]

03-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Find
OccultedNinJa Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Need tips from LPers.

That sounds like a great idea. One that will definitely be worth giving a try. I'm sure I can find a tutorial somewhere on youtube on how to use Vegas Pro to create that, it would just be a matter of switching audio back and forth fluently enough to keep the flow of the video going, as well as keeping our videos to the point of our LPs without making them overbearingly long. A friend of mine suggested making two separate youtube videos, and have a link in each one to the others. But that would just double our editing time. I'm really liking your idea Cry, just a matter of experimenting with it to try and get it to work. :] Thanks for the idea!
03-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Find